Symbiosis Law School, Pune - International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2016
Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organising the first edition of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune - International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2016 to be held from March 18, 2016 – March 20, 2016 in Symbiosis Law School, Pune, India. The Competition is based on the simulation of the Trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court and pertains to rules and structure as enshrined in the Rome Statute of the ICC.
The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to 3. A team may also consist of only 2 Speakers. The Competition shall have teams representing either of the three sides- Prosecution, Defense or the Victim(s) in the various rounds of the Competition. There shall be three preliminary rounds followed by the semifinals and the final.
Slots for the Competition shall be booked on the first-cum-first-serve basis limited to 18 Teams. Participation in this Competition is through invitation only, but any Law College / University / Institute may apply for an invite by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org., expressing their desire to participate.
SCHEDULE OF THE COMPETITION:
- RELEASE OF PRE - INVITE FOR THE COMPETITION - December 29, 2015 (Tuesday)
- LAST DATE OF PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION- January 30, 2016 (Saturday)
- CONFIRMATION OF PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION - February02, 2016 (Tuesday)
- LAST DATE OF REGISTRATION - February 15, 2016 (Monday)
- RELEASE OF MOOT PROPOSITION - January 22, 2016 (Friday)
- LAST DATE FOR SEEKING CLARIFICATION - February 16, 2016 (Tuesday)
- RELEASE OF CLARIFICATION - February 23, 2016 (Wednesday)
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF TRAVEL FORMS - February 28, 2016 (Sunday)
- DATE OF SOFT COPY MEMORIAL SUBMISSION - March 11, 2016 (Friday)
- DATES OF THE COMPETITION March 18, 2016 - March 20, 2016 (Friday - Sunday)
- REGISTRATION OF TEAMS - March 18, 2016 (Friday)
- ORIENTATION OF THE COMPETITION - March 18, 2016 (Friday)
- INAUGURATION CEREMONY - March 18, 2016 (Friday)
- PRELIMINARY ROUNDS - March 19, 2016 (Saturday)
- SEMI FINAL ROUNDS - March 20, 2016 (Sunday)
- FINAL ROUNDS AND VALEDICTORY CEREMONY - March 20, 2016 (Sunday)
Format of the Competition:
The primary components of a round will include:
- Opening Statements by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel and the Defense Counsel.
- Examination-In-Chief/Cross Examination by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel and the Defense Counsel.
- Closing Statements by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel and the Defense Counsel.
|S. No.||Awards||Prize Money (INR)|
|2.||First Runners Up Team||Rs.25,000/-|
|3.||Second Runners Up Team||Rs.10,000/-|
|4.||Best Student Advocate of Final||Rs.5000/-|
|5.||Best Student Advocate||Rs.10,000/-|
|6.||Second Best Student Advocate||Rs.5000/-|
The Compromis and the Rulebook regarding the competition shall be e-mailed to the registered teams post completion of Provisional Registration procedure. Kindly find attached the Schedule of the Competition.
For further details, please contact:
- Vadeendra Joshi (Convenor, Moot Court Association) - +91-7709924433
- Ridhish Rajvanshi (Member, Moot Court Association) - +91-7768061261 / +91-7568561221
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Website: sicta.in
Click here for Facebook Page.