Third NUALS National Moot Court Competition on Maritime Law
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) is going to organize the Third NUALS National Moot Court Competition on Maritime Law.
Date: 26 – 28February, 2016.
Venue: NUALS Campus
Eligibility: The Competition shall be open for students who are pursuing three or five-year LL.B. Degree Course in Universities/Colleges/Law Departments in India.
- Participation in the Competition is restricted to 16 Teams on a First Come First Serve Basis.
- Teams interested in participating in the Competition will have to make an initial ‘PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION’ by emailing the scanned copy of the Provisional Registration Form and the Scanned Copy of a Demand Draft for Rs. 2,500/- (Rupees two thousand five hundred only) drawn in favour of “The Registrar, The National University of Advanced Legal Studies” at firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the e-mail shall be “PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION”
- The last date for Provisional Registration is 11:59 P.M. on February 5, 2016.
- The teams which have been granted provisional registration shall then e-mail a scanned copy of the Final Registration Forms at email@example.com before 11:59 P.M. on February 12, 2016.
- The Hard Copy of the Registration Forms and Demand Draft shall be dispatched (preferably by Speed Post) so as to reach the following address on a date not later than February 16, 2016.
The Organizing Committee
Third NUALS National MCC on Maritime Law
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS)
NUALS Campus, Kalamassery
Pin – 683 503, Kerala State, India
- If a team which has been granted provisional registration fails to e-mail the scanned copy of the Final Registration Form before 11:59 P.M. on February 12, 2016 their Provisional Registration shall stand cancelled and a chance shall be granted to the teams in the waiting list in the order of their position in the waiting list.
Guidelines for Submission of Memorial
- Teams have to submit memorials for both the parties to the dispute.
- Softcopies of the memorials are to be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Memorial Submission for the Third NUALS National Moot Court Competition on Maritime Law”.
- The Soft Copy of the Memorials shall be submitted in ‘Read Only PDF Format’.
- The last date for submission of softcopies of the memorial is 11:59 P.M. on 23rd February 2016.
- Six (6) copies each, of the memorials for both the sides shall be submitted by the teams during registration on February 26, 2016.
- Memorials must be printed on A-4 paper with black ink and must be neatly bound.
- The font of the body of the Memorial must be Times New Roman, size 12, with double line spacing.
- The size of footnotes, if any, must be in Times new Roman font size 12 with line spacing of 1.5.
- Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides.
- The memorials should not be covered with a plastic cover or be spiral bound or combed bound. They should either be stitched or stapled properly. Use of butter paper, plastic sheets, spiral binding etc. is strictly prohibited.
- The Memorial shall consist of the following parts:
• Cover Page
• Table of Contents
• List of abbreviations
• Index of Authorities
• Statement of Jurisdiction
• Statement of Facts
• Statement of Issues
• Summary of Arguments
• Arguments Advanced
Rewards & Prizes
- Winners – Cash Prize of Rs. 25,000/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Runner-up – Cash Prize of rs. 15,000/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Best Memorial – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Best Speaker of the Competition – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- + Trophy +Certificate
- Best Speaker of Finals – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- + Trophy + Certificate
Click here to download the Moot Problem and Rules & Regulations.