TNNLS: International Conference On Affirmative Action And The Sustainable Development Goal Of Gender Equality
The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy and the Oxford Human Rights Hub are pleased to announce the International Conference on Affirmative Action and the Sustainable Development Goal of Gender Equality.
The conference aims to bring together academicians, practitioners and students from various disciplines including law, sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology, statistics and other social sciences and will be held in Tiruchirappalli, India on the 22nd and 23rd September 2018.
Papers are invited on the following sub-themes:
- Efficacy of Affirmative Action in Achieving Gender Equality and Goal 5 of the SDGs
- Affirmative Action for Women and Human Rights Law
- Reservation Policies vs. Preference Policies
- Intersectionality: Situating Caste, Class and Race in the Affirmative Action dialogue
- Affirmative Action in Non-Political Institutions
- Affirmative Action: Strategies for Mobilisation
The themes are intended to be suggestive and we remain open to other novel approaches which study the link between affirmative action and gender justice.
- Please email your abstract as an MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references to email@example.com with the subject-line “Abstract Submission”.
- Please attach a separate document containing the title of the proposed paper, name of the author(s) and name of the institution(s).
- Abstracts must not exceed 800 words.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- Abstracts will be selected through a double-blind peer-review process.
- Selection will be based on originality, method and relevance to the conference theme as well as geographical and gender balance
- Last date for submission of draft papers: 1st July 2018
- Conference Dates: 22nd- 23rd September 2018
For any clarifications, you can write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here