1st Libertatem National Essay Writing Competition
13 Sep 2018 8:54 AM GMT
Libertatem Magazine is a Legal Awareness e-Magazine published monthly focusing on Legal News and Courtroom Updates. It is an online platform with a diverse readership of over a million readers ranging from Students, Academics, Legal Professionals to Legal Enthusiast and many more.
Main Theme: Is today’s India Jeopardising its Constitutional Principles?
- Crisis of Seniority in the Supreme Court Elevations - The Cornerstone of Legislature and Judicial Relationship
- The Debate around Article 35A of the Indian Constitution - Will it erode the Autonomy of Jammu & Kashmir?
- The Nightmare of Assamese People - The NRC and the Proposed Citizenship Amendment Bill
- The Arrests of Activists - Is it an attack on Freedom of Speech or is justified in the name of National Security?
- The Issue of 'Office of Profit’ in the light of disqualification of 20 MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party
- “I am what I am, So take me as I am”: Section 377 Verdict and the way forward
Mentioned above are broad themes and the participants are expected to work on any one of these. Participants are free to write on any specific topics concerning any one of these themes.
Who can apply?
- Participation from any students (Certifications/ Diploma/ UG/ PG) from any stream from any Universities/ Colleges/ Institute in India.
- Essay must be written solely by the candidate, in English, and may not have been submitted for publication elsewhere. Multiple entries from one participant are not permitted.
- Co- Authorship is not permitted.
- Authors should not mention their name or any kind of identification mark in the manuscript. Any manuscript found to have any details of authors shall be rejected.
- Article shall not exceed 2000 words (excluding footnotes). Minimum word limit is 1,000 words.
- All the claims of the authors, in the body of the manuscript, are expected to be backed by reasons along with proper citations and shall not be merely an assertion.
- Submission should also mandatorily include the author’s view, in the conclusion, taking into considerations the aspects/contentions discussed throughout the manuscript.
- Any violation of rules shall result in direct disqualification.
- The essays will be scrutinized through plagiarism software. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
- Participants would require to register for the 1st Essay Writing Competition by Paying the Registration Fee from the website. (Link Mentioned Below)
- Once the Registration is done, participants would receive a confirmation email from the event organizers.
- Participants would have to submit their essay using the Submission Form on the Event Website. (Link Mentioned Below)
- The participants would have to submit their essay latest by 11:59 PM, October 20, 2018 after which the submission form will close.
- After submitting your essay, you will receive an automated confirmation email from the organizers.
- Registration Opens - September 10, 2018
- Registration Ends - October 10, 2018
- Submission Deadline - October 20, 2018
- Declaration of Result - October 30, 2018
The participants are expected to register for the 1st Libertatem Essay Writing Competition by paying the registration fee of Rs. 300 before the Registration Deadline i.e. October 10, 2018.
For any queries email at http://event.libertatemmagazine.com/contact-us/
For brochure click here