2nd GNLU – ONGC International Essay Competition on International Contracts
Gujarat National Law University along with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited is organizing the 2nd GNLU – ONGC International Essay Competition on International Contracts. The essay competition this year aims to provide a platform for the students of law to express their views on various aspects and trends of International Contract Laws across the world so that the students are encouraged to provide a comparative view on these current trends and also identify the critical issues facing the international transactions or more importantly between multinational contracting parties.
Theme of the Competition: ‘Identifying and Comparing the trends in International Contract Laws and Probing the Critical Issues for Multinational Contracting Parties’
Sub-Topics / Sub-Themes
- The UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts and its role in multinational contracting
- Standard Forms of Contracts, its adaptation across the world and the International Transactions.
- Distinctions between Civil and Common Law with respect to Contract Laws across the globe .
- Reasonableness of a Contract: An overview in various countries of the world.
- Issues pertaining to International Transactions and the role of multinational entities.
- Problems of International Trade / Transaction of Goods / Services: Remedies to the issues pertaining to cross border transactions.
- Role of the United Nations and other international regulatory bodies in cross border transactions.
- Protection of interest / rights of the multinational contracting parties: The role of UNCISG / UNCITRAL.
- Formation and Enforcement of Trade Contracts and its Problems in the light of International Trade.
- International Commercial Contracts and Protection of the Interests of Multinational Contracting Parties.
- Jurisdictional issues in International Transactions, The Contract Law and the rights of contracting parties
Eligibility: The competition is open to all students from India and/or abroad, pursuing full time undergraduate or post graduate Law Programme from a recognized University/College/Institution.
- The essays should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with line spacing of 1.5.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font size 10 and line spacing of 1.
- The citation must be according to OSCOLA Format or Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition.
- The minimum word limit for the essay is 3000 words and maximum word limit is 5000 words (including footnotes).
- The essays must be submitted in English Language only.
- The essay can be co-authored (maximum number 2); however, each participant has to register separately.
- The essays can be sent in ‘.doc’ of ‘.docx’ format only.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document along with the essay with a covering letter: Name: Address: Name of the College / Institute / University: Programme Enrolled & Year: Email: Contact No.:
- Scanned Copy of College / University ID Card must also be sent along with the submission.
- 1 st Prize: Rs. 7,000/-
- 2 nd Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- 3 rd Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
Certificates will be issued to the Winners as well as to all participants.
The essays must be submitted in soft copy and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘2 nd GNLU – ONGC International Essay Competition on International Contracts’ on or before 10th August 2015.
Click here to download the official notification.