3rd GNLU Essay Competition on Law and Society, 2018
Established in 2015, the GNLU Centre for Law and Society (GCLS) seeks to facilitate interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research, study and teaching of law and society, and law and legal institutions. The GCLS provides a platform for the exchange of ideas on the most contemporary, relevant matters, while inspiring future generations of students to pursue careers at the nexus of society and law. Findings originating at the Centre are disseminated through conferences and symposia, journals, in- house student vignettes, and policy white papers.
The Essay Competition:
The Centre for Law and Society, hereby invites essays for the 3rd edition of its GNLU Essay Competition on Law and Society, a national-level essay competition, under the able guidance of Prof. Upendra Baxi and in collaboration with reputed firms and organizations.
Who can apply?
The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in India.
Theme: “The Careful Questioning of Socio-legal Premises”.
- Aadhaar, Government Spending and Social Progress.
- The Conformity of Religious Practices with the Constitutional Scheme.
- Recognizing the Need to Affect Behaviour and Regulate Contemporary Social Practices.
- Deliberating Electoral Reforms.
- A Step towards Criminalizing Marital Rape.
- The Queer Movement and ‘Unnatural’ Sex.
- The Nexus between Autonomy and the Identity of a Parsi Woman.
- The Extent of India’s Adherence to Humanitarian Principles.
- Word Limit: 3000 – 5000 words, not including footnotes.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of 2 students is permitted.
- Submissions latest by July 5, 2018
Category: Law Students
- 1st Prize– INR 15,000/ Internship at Luthra & Luthra Law Offices.
- Runners Up: Internships at Verist Law Offices, LawLex, Centre for Social Justice.
Category: Non-law Students
- 1st Prize– INR 15, 000/ Internship at ActionAid.
- Runners Up: Internships at Centre for Social Research, Centre for Social Justice.
Additionally, Certificates of Participation shall be issued to all participants and winners.
For any queries, drop an e-mail at email@example.com or contact:
- Sanskriti Sanghi, Student Convenor, GNLU Centre for Law and Society firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-9650688996
- Yashi Saraswat, Student Co-ordinator, Law and Society Wing, GNLU Centre for Law and Society at email@example.com, +91-9898238740