Call for participation; The Second ILS National Alternate Judgment Writing Competition 2015-16
- Any Law College or Law University can send only one entry.The team of student researchers shall consist of 3 members.
- The student authors of the alternatejudgment shall be pursuing the 5-year or 3-year law course.
1 December 2015.
To register for the competition
- Prepare and print the alternate judgment- Pay registration fees of Rs.500/- by Demand Draft drawn on a nationalized bank in favorof ‘Principal, ILS Law College’.
- Prepare a covering letter by typing in Bold the Title of the Competition as Subject.
- This letter shall contain the details of the Student Researchers of the team and should besigned by the Head of the Institution or Department, stating o the name of your institution, email and local address of your institution o names, emails, mobile / telephone numbers of each student author,
- Photographs and signatures of each student author.
- Post the copy of the alternate judgment, Demand Draft and covering letter to thefollowing address:
Principal, [in the care of Centre for Public Law],
ILS Law College,Law College Road
(Chiplunkar Road), Pune 411004,
Maharashtra State, India.-
Also send a Scanned Copy of your DD and a soft copy of your alternate judgment inMSWord format by email to [email protected] , with “Second AlternateJudgment 2016” in the subject of the mail.- The Printed and Soft Copy of the Draft of the Alternate judgment and DD of Rs. 500/-must reach us on or before 1 December 2015.
NUMBER OF ROUNDS
The competition will have two rounds:
- First Round –
All alternate judgments received will be assessed, and 5 will be selected for thesecond round. Each of the 3 members of the teams shall author any two of the below mentioned parts of the judgement.
- Relevant Legislations.
- Position in other jurisdiction.
- The arguments of the petitioner;
- The arguments of the respondent
- Reasoning of the court
The members shall specify which parts have been authored by them in their entries.
- Second Round –
5 selected teams shall make oral presentations of their drafts in the ILS LawCollege, before a distinguished panel of jury. By draw of lots the roles of the team members canbe switched. This is done to assess team-work and a thorough understanding of the judgement byall team members.The selected teams will be informed by 1st week of February 2016. The teams shall be given areasonable period of time to prepare for oral presentations.
- The Alternate judgment
The subject of the alternate judgment writing is the Supreme Court order in D.K. Aruna v. SateofTelangana and ors [Writ Petition No. 512/2015]. A copy of the mentioned order has beenattached. The teams may refer to the following link for further details of the order here.
The alternate judgment may be submitted as follows:-
- Language- English
- Word limit - 4000 words (including foot notes)
- Format – MSWord
- Font - Times New Roman
- Font size- 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom center-
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your institution and thenames of student authors, with the signatures of each student author
- The alternate judgment shall begin on the next page.
- Do not state any matter in the alternate judgment (except the cover page) that mightreveal your identity or of your institution.
To organise this contest Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Trust is pleased to provide the financialassistance. The amount of awards is as follows:
First Prize 10,000
Second Prize 8,000
Third Prize 5,000
Dr. Sanjay Jain
Aishwarya Gupta 8806516757
For further details click here.