Call for Submissions: Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition
The Center of Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCAL) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, is organizing Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition in collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, India.
Eligibility: The Competition is open to students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
Theme: Juveniles and the Criminal Justice System
Sub-themes (Illustrative, not exhaustive):
- Juveniles and the Death Penalty
- A critical appraisal of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
- Sentencing and Punishment of Juveniles
- Rehabilitation of Juvenile Offenders
- Sealing Juvenile Court Records
- Alternatives to Incarceration
- Juvenile Probation
Prizes (Surana Awards):
- First Prize: INR 25,000/-
- Second Prize: INR 15,000/-
- Third Prize: INR 10,000/-
Deadline for submission: January 5, 2018
Result declaration: February 15, 2018
Queries can be addressed to email@example.com or 0175-2391600.