‘Enervions’ International Essay Writing Competition, 2015
College of Legal Studies, UPES, Dehradun in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is organizing an International Essay Writing Competition and inviting participation from the eligible participants.
Eligibility: The competition is open to students who are pursuing their B.A., LL.B. / LL.M. / Ph.D. / M. PHIL or any other undergraduate or master course (other than Law) in any university across the world.
Theme: Convergence of energy and environment sectors: legal perspective.
- Hydraulic fracturing of oil and gas: challenges and proposed legal framework.
- Oil and gas exploration in the Arctic: a case for sustainable development model.
- Environmental disaster and accountability of oil companies: lessons to be learnt from BP oil spills: legal solutions.
- Fukushima incident: revisiting human and environmental safety.
- First prize: 25,000 rupees.
- Second price: 20,000 rupees
- Third price: 10,000 rupees.
- Consolation prize: Rs.1000 each for 12 selected essays.
- Essays to be submitted in .doc/.docx format only with 12pt font size and 1.5 line spacing on Times New Roman Font. Footnotes shall have 10pt font size and no line spacing.
- A footer numbering pages as “page a of y” on the right side of each page.
- Essays (including footnotes) should be not more than 4000 words.
- The submission of essay on one single .doc/.docx format file shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- The content of the abstract should not be more than 200 words including the title and keywords.
- Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequately to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- The participant should send three attachments in mail Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition: Enervions 2015”- Name of Author(s)
- Scanned copy of Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number, Course and class presently attending and name of college/University with address.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Scanned copy of completed Registration form is to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed along with seal by the head of institution / University (For registration form, see the last page).
- Submission must be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for receiving essays and participation form: July 31, 2015.
Click here for official notification.