The Gary B. Born National Essay Writing Competition on International Arbitration
The Essay competition is being organised by National Law University, Jodhpur Centre for Advanced Research & Training in Arbitration Law (CARTAL) and Indian Journal of Arbitration Law (IJAL).
This competition seeks to encourage law students to study the feasability of the BAT Model, and address continuing concerns of the desirability of arbitration of public law claims, and whether the UNCITRAL Model Law can thereby be re-amended, keeping in mind the developments of the last decade. The competition has the gracious support and patronage of Mr. Gary B. Born himself, who is currently also the President of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre’s Court of Arbitration and an expert in international arbitration in his own right, having participated in more than 600 international arbitrations, including four of the largest ICC arbitrations and several of the most significant ad hoc arbitrations in recent history.
- The “Born” Bilateral Arbitration Treaty Proposal: The Way Forward.
- Privatisation of “Justice Delivery”: Desirability and Propriety of Arbitrating Public Law Claims.
- The UNCITRAL Model Law: Suggestions for a Second Amendment / 10 Year Review Of The UNCITRAL Model Law.
- The competition is only open for students enrolled in a 5 year integrated undergraduate law degree programme or a 3 year LL.B. degree programme, recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- To participate in the competition, interested students shall submit a soft copy of their completed essay on or before July 31, 2016, 23:55hrs at email@example.com.
- No hard copy submissions are required.
- The essay must contain an Abstract, not exceeding the limit of 250 words.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- The essays must not exceed a total of 7000 words (Excluding footnotes. However descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted).
- The top three essays shall be conferred with, Cash Prizes, Letter of Appreciation from Mr. Born and an opportunity of publication in the next IJAL Issue.
- All the participants will be awarded ‘Certificate of Participation’.
Click here for further details.