iThought 6th National Legal Essay Competition on Pornography, Children and Law: Submit by Sept 30
Independent Thought (iThought ) is a National Human Rights organization working towards equity, justice and mutual respect.
iThought work on human right and law through direct Intervention, Advocacy and Judicial actions and provide technical and hand-holding support to non-government, government and multilateral Funding, Policy, Research and Grassroots organizations in several states of India.
iThought takes this opportunity to inform about Independent Thought National Legal Essay Competition. Independent Thought organizes an annual Essay Competition for law and human rights students across the country.
Topic for the 6th National Legal Essay Competition 2017:
- Pornography, Children and Law
Indian Subcontinent has been centre of knowledge and proponents of thoughts including on sex. The Vatsyayana’s Kamasutra and the sculpture of khajraho are the evidence of the free society disclosure, prevent in then, Bharat. However, times have changed from gods love to play to that of a world of pornography. A phenomenon which is multi-billion dollar industry that produces more than 13000 films per year, globally. The porn business targets even children and at the times is under question, for the violation. Child pornography is illegal in most countries with coordinated enforcement by Interpol and policing institutions of various governments, including India. Legally the protection of children from sexual offences Act, 2012; Indian Penal Code, 1860 and Information Technology Act, 2008; have provisions concerning pornography through any medium like print, electronic, computer or any other technology.
- Abstract of 300 words
- Essays written in English up to 5000 words
- Submissions must be emailed at [email protected] (only in .docx format). The cover letter must include the author’s profile.
- Detection of Plagiarism (above 30%) will lead to elimination.
- The three best thoughts are provided with cash prizes.
- Best thought Rs: 10,000/-
- Second Best thought Rs: 8,000/-
- Third Best thought Rs: 5.000/-
- The fifteen best thoughts will get Certificates of participation
- The fifteen best thoughts will be published as Independent