JNU Jaipur ’s maiden Model Youth United Nation
Jaipur National University, as a part of its aim of providing holistic academic and co-curricular education, is now gearing up to organize the First Edition of the Model Youth United Nations session at its Seedling School of Law and Governance on 26-27August 2016. Model Youth United Nations (YUN) event is basically an educational cum role modelling simulation of United Nations functioning that aims to educate students on practical aspects of deliberating on current events, subjects in the international relations and diplomacy which need to be included in the United Nations agenda for discussion and solution. In Model YUN meet, the participants act as Delegates of different countries participating in a session of UN Organ/committee such as United Nations Security Council or Human Rights Council; Participants are allotted a country to be represented and so they are required to do research work on the country allotted to them in totality, take on their responsibilities, investigate the international issues, debate upon them, consult with other 'delegates' and attempt to bring forth solutions to the world problems.
- UN General Assembly (1) International Situation: (a) Report of the UN Secretary-General for the period 2015-2016 (b) An overview of situations likely to endanger international peace and security. (2) Draft Convention on International Terrorism (3) Eradication of poverty and other development issues: (a) Implementation of the Second United Nations Decade for the Eradication of Poverty (2008-2017); (b) Women in development; (c) Human resources development. (4) Sustainable development: (a) Implementation of Agenda 21, and the outcomes of the World Summit on Sustainable Development and of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development; (b) International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (c) Protection of global climate for present and future generations of humankind.
- UN Human Rights Council (1) The continuing grave deterioration in the human rights and humanitarian situation in the Syrian Arab Republic; (2) Use of remotely piloted aircraft or armed drones in counter-terrorism and military operations; (3) The right of persons with disabilities and equality of opportunity; (4) Possibility of international regulation, monitoring and oversight of the activities of private military and security companies n armed conflict.
- UN Security Council (1) Consideration of situations likely to endanger international peace and security: Focus; Syria, Refugees, Humanitarian Assistance; (2) Situation in Libya, Yemen and ; (3) Threats posed by Da'esh, Boko Haram, al-Shabaab, ISIS and other terrorist groups; The role of women in conflict prevention and resolution.
Under Graduate students of Law, Political Science, History and Economics are eligible to participate in this event.
Seats Availability There is a cap of 150 teams for the event and 15 vacancies for the International Press Corps.
Details Required- Participants are required to register themselves with their Name, Name of the College/School, Contact Number, E-mail address for communication and previous MUN/debating experience.
During registration, participants have to indicate their choice among the following: Delegate. International Press Corps
Registration Fee- The registration fee for delegates is Rs. 1500/- and for International Press members is Rs. 500/- only.
Delegate Registration Fee includes: 2 Day YUN Conference at SSLG, JNU, Jaipur, 1 Delegate Kit, 4 Conference High tea, & 2 Lunch 1 Social Night
Events and Cultural Committee: email@example.com , www.yun.jnujaipur.ac.in
M. Vishwakarma Sr. Associate Professor Co-Ordinator, Seedling School of Law and Governance. Email-id: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact No.- 91+9414852496
- Mr. Rahul Srivastava Joint Co-ordinator, Seedling School of Law and Governance Email-id: email@example.com Contact No.- +91-9794843460
- Students' Coordinator Richa Goyal: +91-854937720 Under Secretary General,
- Organising Committee Tanvi Shrivastava: +91-9772045111 Joint Secretary General, Organising Committee
Click here for details.