Call for Entries: NUJS-SACJ National Judgement Analysis Competition
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is organising the NUJS-SACJ National Judgement Analysis Competition, 2018.
The competition envisages participants to provide a holistic and in-depth critique or analysis of a recent judgment of the Supreme Court of India. The submission must reflect a thorough understanding of the principles of criminal law, its interplay with society, and its relationship with the conception of morality.
Participant may choose any of the following recent judgments for the purpose of this competition:
• Joseph Shine v. UOI (decriminalization of adultery)
• Independent Thought v. UOI (narrowing the marital rape exception)
• Navtej Johar v. UOI (decriminalization of homosexual sex)
• Last Date for registration – January 31, 2019
• Date of the Quiz – February 12, 2019
• First Prize: Rs. 5,000
• Second Prize: Rs. 3,000
• Third Prize: Rs. 2,000
• The top 10 Rank holders shall be given merit certificates
Registration Fee: Rs 500
The brochure for the competition can be accessed here.
The rules for the competition can be accessed here.