Surana & Surana – UILS, Panjab University International Essay Competition 2019
The Centre for Trade Laws and Dispute Resolution, UILS, PU, Chandigarh, in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai proudly announces an international essay competition on corporate law, 2019.
Rules, Guidelines and Eligibility:
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their five years integrated Law/LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- Students of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India, Institute of Cost Accountant of India&The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. However, those who have completed either their Company Secretary/Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible.
- The participants must also send a certificate from the head of the Institution certifying that the candidate is a bonafide student of the university.
- If any Student of the UILS is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana&Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
Theme: Corporate Social Responsibility: Global Initiative For Sustainable Development.
- CSR: Evolution and Theories.
- CSR: Legal Implications, Branding and Social Image.
- CSR: Impact on Health, Sanitation, Education and other sectors.
- CSR: Sustainable Development vis-à-vis Trade.
- CSR: Rural outreach and adoption of villages.
- CSR: Environment and Sustainable Development.
The theme of the essay is kept broad in nature. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mould it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
Guidelines for Submission:
- The essay must be written in English only.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In the case of co-authorship, separate Registration Form must be filled for each author.
- The students who have made a solo entry and as a co-author also will be treated as multiple entries and it will lead to rejection of the second submission (The entry which is received first will be entertained)
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. Neither UILS nor Surana&Surana International Attorneys, Chennai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism. Any Identification Mark in any part of the essay is liable to cancellation.
- The registration form is to be sent along with the essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution/University. In case of unavailability of the head of the institution, any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.
Prizes (SURANA & SURANA AWARDS):
- First Prize – INR 25,000/-
- Second Prize – INR 15,000/-
- Third Prize – INR 10,000/-
- Consolation Prizes – INR 1,000/- (15 No's)
- Last date for receiving the submission through E-mail: 31st March 2019.
- Declaration of results (tentative): 30th May 2019.
For any queries contact
Prof (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur (+919888020030) (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Coordinator, CTDR: Dr. Bharat, Convener (+919465228800) (Email: email@example.com).
- Lavanya – 82838 57099
- Apoorva – 98555 35664
To Access Brochure click here