National Essay Writing Competition on Legal Theory
The Centre for Legal Theory (CLT), established under the auspices of National Law University, Jodhpur is organizing a National Essay Writing Competition on Legal Theory. The competition invites entries from law students, and their interpretations and theoretical justifications for positions that they take and advocate for, in answer to the question.
Theme: Do we have an obligation to obey law?
Eligibility: The competition is only open for students enrolled in a 5 year integrated undergraduate law degree programme or a 3 year LL.B. degree programme, recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Participants shall submit a soft copy of their completed essay on or before February 20, 2016, 2355hrs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No hard copy submissions are required.
- The essay must contain an Abstract, not exceeding the limit of 250 words, wherein the keywords are mentioned and the tentative conclusions are set out.
- The essays must not exceed a total of 5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The essay must be sent along with a separate document (as a separate MS Word document) containing the following information about the author:
Current year of study
Name and Full Address of Law School/University
Phone Number of University
Phone Number of Author
E-mail id of Author
- Font: Times New Roman.
- Font Size : 12 pt. for the text ; 10pt. for the footnotes.
- Line spacing: 1.5 for the main text ; 1.0 for the footnotes.
- Footnotes : The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, 19th Edition)
- First Prize: 5000/- , opportunity of publication in the next IJLT Issue and Certificate of Merit.
- Second Prize: 3000/- , opportunity of publication in the next IJLT Issue and Certificate of Merit.
- Third Prize: 2000/- , opportunity of publication in the next IJLT Issue and Certificate of Merit.
All the participants will be awarded „Certificate of Participation.
Last Date for submission of essay: February 20, 2016
Click here for official notification.