NUJS SACJ Legal Opinion Drafting Competition, 2017
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice at National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata is organizing a one of its kind event named as the NUJS SACJ Legal Opinion Drafting Competition.
About the Competition:
The competition will involve online submission of legal opinion within the specified deadline falling in September. It will entail participants studying a provided fact-scenario and drafting an informative and accurate legal opinion for the client.
The event is aimed at allowing law students from across the country to combine the development of several skills which are usually learnt while solving a moot problem with the convenience of avoiding travel hassles and the involvement of the travelling and the accommodation costs. This event is another milestone in the path of this year's vision for our society, i.e. to make the activities of our society more inclusive in terms of the range of entries received.
Submission:Soft copy of the opinion should be mailed to [email protected] with the subject "SACJ Legal Opinion Drafting Competition, 2017".
- The last date for submission is September 15, 2017 (11.59 pm).
- The last date for registration is August 30th, 2017 (registration charge-Rs. 500 per team).
- The last date for seeking clarification on the fact sheet is August 30th, 2017.
- First Prize: Rs. 6,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 4,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 2,000/-
- The top five teams will also be awarded with merit certificates.
- There will be no issuance of a certificate of participation.
For more details, click here.
For fact sheet (in relation to which legal opinion is to be drafted), click here.
For registration form, click here.