Rostrum Essay Competition 2015
RostrumLegal.Com has announced third edition of the Rostrum Essay Competition which aims to promote original legal writing and research work. Participants can write on any topic of their interest from the field of law.
Eligibility: The competition is open to all undergraduate law students and postgraduate law students pursuing Master of Laws or an equivalent master’s degree in law.
Criteria for Selection: The abstracts and essays will be selected keeping in mind the following criterion:
- How dynamic, contemporary is the topic.
- The quality of arguments made.
- Referencing and citation of the legal authorities.
- How focused the approach to discuss the issues in the essay.
- Manner of organizing the content.
- The abstract should not exceed 600 words.
- The world limit for essay is 6000 words (Including Footnotes and References).
- All the submissions shall be made in .doc or .docx format.
- All the abstracts must be sent email@example.com
- Provide your name, phone number, name of college/ university and you address of correspondence in the body of the email.
Registration Fees: Rs. 1300 (One Thousand Three Hundred Rupees Only).
Participants whose abstracts are selected are required to register for the competition. Registration can be done online by filling up the form and by online payment of registration fee.
- 1st Prize – Rs. 20000 Cash
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 15000 Cash
- 3rd Prize – Rs. 10000 Cash
- Rank 4th to 13th – Rs. 1000 Cash for each participant.
- Essay of all the participants ranked 1st to 13th will be published in our online journal – Rostrum’s Law Review, ISSN: 2321 – 3787
- Participation certificates will be awarded to all the students selected for the submission of essays for the competition.
- All the participants submitting abstracts for the competition will receive a RostrumLegal.Com gift voucher worth Rs. 2000 each.
- Last date for abstract submission by email: October 25, 2015
- Results: Release of abstract selection list: November 1, 2015
- Last date for online registration: November 8, 2015
- Last date for submission of essays by email: December 20, 2015
In case of any query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for official announcement.