Spiritus Sports Law Essay Competition 2015
Sports Committee, National Law School of India University in association with the Law Offices of Nandan Kamath is organizing 2nd Spiritus Sports Law Essay Competition and invites participation from the eligible students.
Eligibility: Students pursuing B.A.LL.B (hons) from a recognized University.
Topics for the Competition
- To what extent, if any, should clothing and equipment guidelines of international sports bodies accommodate religious practices and beliefs of participating athletes?
- Should the law prohibit the persons who hold or have held political office from being office bearers of sports association and federations in India?
- Should the use of live streaming apps such as Periscope and Meerkat be prohibited at Sports events?
- Should an athlete be granted any exclusive rights in an exceptional ‘play ‘, ‘move’ or ‘signature movement’ that he/she has participated in or created during matchplay?
- The essay must be of 3500-4500 words( inclusive of footnotes)
- The citation style ; OSCOLA( 4th edn. 2012) must be followed
- Maximum 2 co-authors are permitted.
- All the entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Prize: 7500
- Second Prize: Rs 5000
- Third Prize: Rs. 2500
Authors of winning entries will also receive the opportunity to intern at the Law Offices of Nandan Kamath
Last date for submission of entries: August 9, 2015
Click here to download the brochure