Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is organizing Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition on Criminal Law and invites participation from the eligible candidates.
Theme for the Competition
“Colonization and International Criminal Law: The Role of International Criminal Justice in Ensuring Accountability for the Transfer of Civilians into Occupied Territory.”
Any of these Sub-Themes may be chosen:
- China & Tibet
- Pakistan Occupied Kashmir
- Israel and Palestine
- Russia and Uzbekistan (occupation/liberation of Kiev)
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- If any Student of the RGNUL is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
Prizes (SURANA AWARDS)
- First Prize - INR 25,000/-
- Second Prize - INR 15,000/-
- Third Prize - INR 10,000/-
The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL website. Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition).
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In case of co-author separate Registration Form shall be sent for each.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of essay
- Registration form is to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution / University. (Available in download form on RGNUL website). In case of unavailability of the head of the institution any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card. Click here to download the registration form.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- An abstract should not be more than 200 words inclusive of title and keywords
- The essay should not be more than 2000 words(excluding Footnotes and abstract)
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation
- Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman
- 1.5 intercellular spaces.
- A footer numbering pages as “page a of y” on right side of each page
How to Apply
The participants should mail at firstname.lastname@example.org the following the attachments.
- Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition: Ad Idem 2015” - Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
Last Date for Submission: September 13, 2015
Click here to download the brochure.