Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition, 2017
Surana & Surana International Attorneys is a law firm in India with over 70 lawyers and consultants. It was established in 1971, when co- founders PS Surana; Leelavti Surana set up practice. Their practice areas include Arbitration, Corporate, Corporate Compliance, Civil & Criminal Litigation, Infrastructure, Intellectual etc.
Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition on Criminal Law organized By the Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab India in Collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, India.
Who can apply?
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- If any Student of the RGNUL is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
Theme: Juveniles and the Criminal Justice System.
Sub Themes (Illustrative, Not Exhaustive):
- Juveniles and the Death Penalty
- A critical appraisal of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
- Sentencing and Punishment of Juveniles
- Rehabilitation of Juvenile Offenders
- Sealing Juvenile Court Records
- Alternatives to Incarceration
- Juvenile Probation
Submission: An abstract should not be more than 300 words inclusive of title and keywords. The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding Footnotes and abstract).
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In case of co-authorship, separate Registration Fee must be paid for each author.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. Neither RGNUL nor Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of essay.
- Registration form is to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution / University.
- The participants should Email their papers to [email protected] with the following the attachments: § Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition” - Name of Author(s) § Registration form § Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000
- Second Prize: Rs. 15,000
- Third Prize: Rs. 10,000
- Deadline of Submission: January 5, 2018
- Result Declaration: February 15, 2018
For Brochure click here
For Registration form click here
For Declaration form click here