Assistant Professor Vacancy At Tata Institute Of Social Sciences
7 May 2020 5:55 AM GMT
The School of Habitat Studies invites online application from interested scholars located within and outside India to apply for post of Assistant Professors for its three centres viz., one in CWPRG, one in CCSS and one in CUPG. The posts will be on contract basis initially for a period of one year initially and extendable based on performance of candidate and requirement by the Institute.
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
No. of Post: 03 (Three)
Pay Scale: Consolidated Salary of Rs. 71952/- p.m.
Essential Qualification and Experience
- (A) A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Law Degree from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET : Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. Candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET /SLET /SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions :-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his / her Ph.D. work in conferences / seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
- The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such master's Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. OR
- (B) The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply?
- To apply online click here
- The last date to apply online is 31-05-2020
To Access Official Notification click here