CfP: XIII National Conference on "The Future of Legaltech in Information Technology, Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics in India" by School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore [27th-28th January 2023]
CfP: XIII National Conference on "The Future of Legaltech in Information Technology, Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics in India" by School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore in collaboration with School of Engineering & Forensic Sciences – Department of Life Sciences, Knowledge partner TechConPro Pvt. Ltd on 27th-28th January 2023
ABOUT SCHOOL OF LAW, CHRIST (Deemed to be University)-
School of Law, is a part of CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore. The parent University, a premier educational institution, is an academic fraternity dedicated to the motto of 'Excellence and Service' and has an already proven history of success in the field of education. Christ College has the rare distinction of being the first institution in Karnataka to be accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), UGC, and currently has an A grade as accredited in 2016 for quality education.
ABOUT NATIONAL CONFERENCE COMMITTEE-
The National Conference Committee is a faculty-guided, student-run committee that is entering its 13th glorious year and has been the host for 12 successful national conferences. The committee organizes various workshops and seminars every year. This year to add to its glory the committee members propose to host webinars, online workshops, virtual research assistance programs, and the flagship icon event, National Conference. The National Conference Committee strives to publish an ebook/book after the event. The research articles submitted and presented of good equality will be chosen in the E-book/book after thorough scrutiny for publication. The committee has been provided with an opportunity to broaden its reach and deliver an experience that has never been witnessed before.
ABOUT TECHCONPRO PVT LTD
TechConPro Pvt Ltd. is a technology consultancy aggregator with the aim of stitching together technology situations. TechConPro Pvt Ltd. is engaged in technology, governance and management for the last three decades. TechConPro Pvt Ltd. wants to transform the ever fragile technology landscape into one of professionally executed and operated projects. It aims at taking out the drug ore, unnecessary stress and tension out of every stakeholder at every point in the project creation, execution, operation, maintenance and upscaling. First, stitching the best of technologies with the right products available coupled with appropriate integration services is the most innovative and workable manner into a solution is the task of TechConPro Pvt Ltd.
WHO IS IT FOR
The National Conference by School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) cordially invites research papers from law students, legal academicians, and legal practitioners.
THEME AND SUB-THEMES
THEME: THE FUTURE OF 'LEGAL TECH' IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, CYBER CRIME INVESTIGATION AND CYBER FORENSICS IN INDIA
SUB THEME 1: IMPLICATION OF NEW TECHNOLOGY IN CYBERCRIME INVESTIGATION
1. Investigative techniques
2. Appointment of competent professionals
3. Role of DNA Profiling Technology
4. Security against Cyber Frauds
5. Big data security and privacy threats
6. National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
SUB THEME 2: DIGITAL FORENSICS IN EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
1. Digital Forensics
2. Role of Law Enforcement Agencies
3. Blockchain Technology in field of Big data
4. Forensic Psychology
SUB THEME 3: DIGITAL EVIDENCE: STATUTORY AND JUDICIAL RECOGNITION
1. Admissibility of Digital Evidence
2. Statutory and Infrastructural Reforms
3. Judicial Response to Digital Forensic Challenges
4. Digital Evidence and Constitutional Boundaries- A Comparative Study
5. Digital Evidence: Collection and Extraction
SUB THEME 4: MISCELLANEOUS
1. Cyber Espionage and Cyber Sabotage
2. Privacy and Data Protection
3. Conflict of Laws in Cyber Crime: A Comparative Approach
4. Plugging the gaps in India's cybersecurity
5. Jurisdiction in Cyber Space
6. Police Act and Cyber Law
7. Misuse of Personally Identifiable Information
8. Cyber security in power sector
9. Rapid detection and response to cybercrime
10. Cyber Crimes against Women and Children
The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied with a cover page stating:
· Title of the Paper
· Name of the Author(s)
· Name of the Institution
· E-mail Address
· Postal Address
· Contact number
The abstract file shall be named as: <Theme number>_<full name of the author(s)>.
ii) Co-Authorship: Theme1_RajeevShankar&RahulMohan
All submissions of the abstracts for the Conference must be electronically submitted. Click here to submit your abstract.
The word limit of the full paper shall be 3000 - 4000 words (excluding footnotes/annexure/reports etc.) and must be accompanied with the following details:
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words, and must be accompanied with a cover page stating:
A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the College/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), Title and Theme of the Paper, with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
- Registration form & Payment - The details of the same shall be intimated to the participants whose abstracts get selected.
· The main text of the full paper and the abstract should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
· The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0 (Endnotes are not permitted)
· One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides of the pages.
· Citation Style: Bluebook, 20th edition.
· The abstract and full paper have to mandatorily be submitted in .pdf format only.
· Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors and at least one author must attend the National Conference to present the paper.
· No Proxy presentations are allowed.
· The School of Law, CHRIST in keeping with its mandate of publishing original works only, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is thus liable to be rejected.
August 27, 2022
Call for Papers
November 20, 2022 [Extended]
November 27, 2022 [Extended]
Communication of Acceptance of Abstract
December 31, 2022
Last date for Registration and Payment
January 5, 2023
Submission of Full Paper
January 27 and 28, 2023
The XIII National Conference shall be held at the Central Campus of CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, Hosur Rd, Bhavani Nagar, S.G. Palya, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560029
[The Registration Fee is inclusive of food along with relevant conference related supplies and documents for both the days. Accommodation can be provided at an extra cost on a need basis to those participants whose abstracts are accepted and the registration fees have been paid*.]
1. For Students: ₹ 1200/- for single authorship and ₹ 1700/- for co-authorship
2. For Research Scholars, Academicians and Professionals: ₹ 2000/- for single authorship and ₹ 2500/- for co-authorship
1. E-Certificate to every participant who duly submits and presents the paper.
2. Publication of the selected articles under each sub-theme in the proposed E- book carrying allotted ISBN number: 978-93-5737-467-5.
3. One paper from each theme shall be awarded the Best Presenter and will receive a certificate along with a cash reward.
*Please note that it is necessary to pay the registration fees in order to avail the accommodation facility. Details of which shall be intimated post abstract selection and fee payment.
FOR ANY FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:
Or contact Student Convenors:
Ms. Vidhathri Mysore([email protected] ) (+91-9686311479)
Mr. Aarav Srejan Prasad ([email protected] ) (+91-7004963237)
Or contact Core Committee Members:
Ms. Drithi Rajashekar ([email protected]) (+91- 9591131428)
Mr. Alan V. Avanesh ([email protected]) (+91- 9632682356)
LINK TO THE BROCHURE: click here.
LINK TO THE POSTER: click here.