18th Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition
The Magazine Committee of Government Law College, Mumbai, is organising national-level Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition.
The Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition is sponsored in the memory of Late Mr. Dinesh Vyas, one of GLC’s most distinguished alumni, who obtained his LLB degree from the college in 1967.
- Comment upon the Criminal Law Amendment Bill, 2018 which provides for a death penalty for rapists of girls below age 12.
- Discuss the necessity and scope of legal provisions for the supervision and regulation of virtual cryptocurrency platforms.
- Elucidate on the need to protect the identity of the victims of sexual abuse with reference to the judgment in Sampurna Behrua v. Union of India.
- With reference to the PIL moved by the Sardar Patel Sevadal before the High Court of Gujarat, comment on the consequences of a permanent State Backward Classes Commission.
- Comment on the retrospective amendment made by the Finance Bill, 2018 to the Foreign Contributions (Regulations) Act, 2010 which exempts political parties from the scrutiny of foreign funds.
Word Limit: 3,500 – 5,000 words
Deadline: 31st October 2018
- 1st Position: Rs. 12,000
- 2nd Position: Rs. 9,000
- 3rd Position: Rs. 7,000
In case of any queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Kanika Kulkarni [+91 8291277488].