1st GNLU Essay Competition on Environmental Law, 2017
Gujarat National Law University Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development (GCESD) announced its 1st GNLU Essay Competition on Environmental Law, 2017, a national-level essay competition in collaboration with M.V. Kini, Trilegal and Enviro Legal Defence Firm (ELDF).
- Ban on fire crackers: judicial intervention or intrusion?
- The river as being: rights without duties?
- Tackling trash: Where have we 'bin' wrong?
- Resuscitating a failed idea: Interlinking of rivers?
- Switch to non-polluting alternative fuels or get bulldozed: E-vehicles or e-mobility?
- Compensatory Afforestation: Subverting Forest Rights Act?
- Proposed amendments to Environment Protection Act: Whitelisting illicit projects?
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- Abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay
- The word limit for the essay is 3000 - 4000 words, not including footnotes.
- The submission should include Abstract, Essay, and Bibliography.
- The essays must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject ‘1st GNLU Essay Competition on Environmental Law, 2017’.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The essay may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Sub-Theme Chosen:
- Title of the Essay:
- Name(s) of the Author(s):
- College/ Institute/ University of Author(s):
- Programme Enrolled & Year of Study of Author(s):
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s):
- 1st Prize: ₹25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand only) with Internship opportunity at Trilegal.
- 2nd Prize: ₹15,000 (Fifteen Thousand only) with Internship opportunity at Trilegal.
- 3rd Prize: ₹5,000 (Five Thousand only) with Internship opportunity at Trilegal.
- Top five submissions shall be given merit certificates. Internship shall be provided to both the authors in case of co-authorship.
- The essays must be submitted on or before Friday, 15 December 2017.
- Declaration of Results: 30 January 2018. The winners shall be notified by email and results shall be published on the website of GNLU.
For any queries, e-mail at [email protected] or contact:
- Amit Agrawal, Student Convener, GNLU Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development, Mobile: +91 9998923457; [email protected] com
- Sharon Mathew, Student Co-Convenor, GNLU Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development, Mobile: +91 9537760839; [email protected]
For official Brochure click here