1st HNLU National Essay Competition 2015
The HNLU International Law Society has announced 1ST HNLU National Essay Writing Compeition 2015 on International Law.
Theme: PEACE AND SECURITY IN INTERNATIONAL LAW
- Torture under International Law
- Cyber Attacks
- Maritime Disputes under UNCLOS
- Rise of Non State Actors in light of the Middle East and Ukrainian Crisis
- Viability of Arms Trade Treaty
- Drone Attacks
- Surveillance vs. Privacy
There is no registration fee for the competition.
- The competition is open only for Law students pursuing Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD. Programmes.
- To participate in this competition, the students will have to submit the soft copy of the contact details in a separate document along with the essay (soft copy) on or before 10th of August 2015 by 23:59 IST at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The essay can be submitted in any version of MS Word only.
- The essay must contain an Abstract, not exceeding the limit of 200 words, whereby the keywords are mentioned and the tentative conclusions are set out.
- No part of the essay should contain any form of identification of the participant, and any such information should be provided in a separate document.
- The submission must not exceed 3000 words (excluding footnotes) and any violation of the prescribed word limit will result in a penalty of 1 mark per 20 words.
- All submissions must be original and bona fide work of the participants.
- The contestants by entering in the contest agree to indemnify the organizers from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
- All entries shall be considered to be the property of the HNLU ILS for, which also reserves the right of publication of the same in any book, journal, or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
- The essay should not be submitted for any other competition and/or for publication whatsoever.
- Font type should be Times New Roman and Font Size should be 12 for the text and 10 for the footnotes.
- Line spacing between two lines and a paragraph should be 5 for the body and 1.0 for footnotes.
- Participants should use Harvard Blue Book 19th Edition as the uniform footnoting style
The top three essays shall be conferred with “Merit Certificates” and “Cash Prizes” and all the participants will be awarded “Certificate of Participation”. The details of prizes are mentioned herein below:-
- FIRST PRIZE 12,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- SECOND PRIZE 8,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- THIRD PRIZE 5,000/- and Certificate of Merit
For any queries, please mail at email@example.com.
For further information click here.