1st National Legal Essay Competition and Symposium 2018 @ Law College, Dehradun [August 13]
Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand under the aegis of Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University in association with International Law Students Association (ILSA) invites you to the “1st National Legal Essay Competition and Symposium, 2018 on International Law Regime.”
Symposium Venue: Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, Uttrakhand
About the Competition:
1st National Legal Essay Competition and Symposium, 2018 themed on International Law Regime envisages to promote and develop the ability of law students to think on a global legal perspective. The theme has been most carefully chosen which possess global relevance as well as encourage the participants’ to analyze freely and convey their thoughts and probable solutions on the same.
In the line of the title of the competition, the following are the broad sub-themes:
International Civil Aviation
- International Civil Aviation: Conventions, Protocols and Regulations.
- Rights and Privileges of Air Passengers.
- Settlement of Aviation Related Disputes.
- De-regulation, Globalization, and liberalization in International Civil Aviation.
International Maritime Law
- International Maritime Law: Conventions and Regulations.
- Innocent Passage: Scope of Coastal State interference.
- Dispute settlement mechanism of Maritime Resources.
- Issues relating to exploitation of the resources. viz. Transfer of Technology, Right to development and sustainable development.
International Economic Law
- Evolution of New International Economic Order (NIEO).
- Problems relating to WTO viz. Agriculture, Sanitary and Phyto-sanitary Measures (SPS), Technical Barriers of Trade (TBT) and Anti-Dumping
- Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights(TRIPS): Issues & Challenges.
- Dispute Settlement mechanism under International Economic Law.
International Humanitarian Law
- International Humanitarian Law, Conventions, Protocols, and Regulations.
- International Movement for Humanization of Warfare.
- Role of Fact-Finding Commission under Humanitarian Law.
- International Refugees Regulation Regime: Issues & Challenges.
Submission Guidelines click here
- Registration Fees for Essay of Submission: NIL
- Registration Fees* (in INR) for Symposium
- Academicians/ Experts/ PhD Scholars: 750/- (Essay Submitted) and 1000/- (Not Submitted)
- Students: 500/- (Essay Submitted) and 750/- (Not Submitted)
- Uttaranchal University Students: 350/- (Essay Submitted) and 500/- (Not Submitted)
- NO REGISTRATION FEE FOR TOP TEN ENTRIES: Invitation based.
*If essay submitted then separate registration for co-author(s).
**The registration fee shall not include the accommodation charges.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 20 June 2018
- Deadline for essay submission: 20 July 2018.
- Commencement of the registration for Symposium: 15 July 2018
- Declaration of top 10 Essay: 28 July 2018
- Last date for Registration of Symposium: 10 August 2018
- Date of Symposium: 13 August 2018
- Winner : 25000/-
- 1st Runner-up: 15000/-
- 2nd Runner-up: 10000/-
* The top 3 entries will be awarded Certificate of Merit & Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
For any queries Email at [email protected]
- Laxman Singh Rawat, Assistant Professor (Law) & Faculty Advisor, ILSA LCD Chapter
- Somya Gaur, President, ILSA LCD Chapter; Contact no.: +91-9837177735
- Himanshu, Chief Otfficer, ILSA LCD Chapter; Contact no.: +91-7017766841
For More Information click here