1st NUJS- Indian Mediation Week Essay Competition 2018
The Indian Mediation Week (IMW) and the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS) are pleased to announce the 1st NUJS- IMW Essay Writing Competition.
Who can apply?
The application is open to all students enrolled in post-graduate or undergraduate from any recognized university/college across India, research scholars in the field of law and practicing lawyers.
- Commercial Mediation in India
- Need for Healthcare Mediation in India
- Mediation versus Arbitration in India
- Mediation as a Profession in India
- Mediation Ethics in India
- Mediation in Criminal Disputes in India
- Submissions may be only in the form of essays and should be in English.
- The word limit should be 3,000 to 5,000 words. The word limit mentioned here is exclusive of footnotes and abstract. Please note that the word limits will be strictly enforced.
- Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words providing a summary of the contribution.
- Submissions are invited from undergraduate and graduate students, industry practitioners, academicians and research scholars. Submissions may be co-authored, although by a maximum of three authors. There is no requirement for the co-authors to be from the same college/institution/university/school.
- Please send your submissions as a .doc or .docx file and biographical information in a separate document with the subject title IMW ESSAY: “Topic of the Essay”.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
- Entries may be submitted via email to [email protected] latest by 2359 hours, 11th November, 2018 (Sunday).
- Single Author: ₹ 1200
- Co-authorship (two authors): ₹ 1800 (total)
- Co-authorship (three authors): ₹ 2400 INR (total)
- 10 Assured Internship Opportunities to authors of top 20 entries
- Cash Prizes worth over Rs. 20,000;
- Authors of the top five entries shall be eligible to co-author a book on “The applicability of Mediation in the Healthcare sector” which shall be published by Eastern Book Company;
- Felicitation in the closing ceremony of Indian Mediation Week;
- Publications for top 15 entries at ODRways Blog;
- All participants shall be rewarded with participation certificates.
For registration click here
For more information click here
Access Brochure click here
For poster click here