1st Techno Legal National Moot Court Competition
College of Legal Studies, UPES Dehradun is organizing the” Ist Techno Legal National Moot Court Competition” on 19th & 20th February, 2016. The event seeks to prepare students to deal with the legal aspects related with the field of technology it also enlightens the nexus of law and technology with prospects of Intellectual Property Rights and Cyber Crimes.
Venue: College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun.
Eligibility: Students enrolled in full time 3 years or 5 years law programmes are eligible to compete in the competition. Each college/Institution/University may send maximum of one team.
Provisional Registration: The duly completed scanned copy of the competition’s registration form must be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th January, 2016. The subject of the mail must be Registration :< Institution Name>”
- The registration of the teams for the competition shall be strictly done on the basis of the merit of the memorials submitted by the participant. The shortlisted teams will be notified via email latest by 11th February, 2015.
- The short listed teams shall send duly completed registration form along with the transaction receipt (see clause 3(e)) on or before 14th February, 2015 to the communication address mentioned in the rule book.
- Each team has to submit five (5) sets of memorials for each side at the time of verification at Dehradun Main Campus specifying the team code allocated on each memorial.
- The teams must send the soft copy of the memorials at email@example.com by 5th February, 2016 (11:59 pm), which must be a .pdf file extension with the subject of the email as memorials for "Memorial Submission- "<Team Code>. For ex- “TC-E”
- The file name of the memorials shall be in the following format- <Team Code><Side Represented>. For ex- „TC-E Defendant‟
- Each Memorial must contain the following sections:
i. COVER PAGE
ii. TABLE OF CONTENTS
iii. LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
iv. INDEX OFAUTHORITIES
v. STATEMENT OF JURISDICTION
vi. STATEMENT OF FACTS
vii. STATEMENTOF ISSUES
ix. ARGUMENTS ADVANCED
- Body Text Font Type: Times New Roman, Line Spacing: 2.0 lines, Font Size: 12, Headings and Bullets-Font size: 14.
- Footnotes Font Type: Times New Roman, Line Spacing: 1.5 spaced, Font size: 10.
- The Bluebook Uniform Mode of Citation (20th Edition) or any other recognized uniform method of citation must be strictly adhered to draft the memorials.
- Winner- Cash Prize of 15000.
- Runners-up- Cash Prize of 10000
- Best Memorial- Cash Prize of 5000.
- Best Speaker- Cash Prize of 5000.
- Best Researcher: Cash Prize of 5000.
All those teams qualified for the mooting rounds shall be awarded with certificates.
Click here to download the brochure.
Click here to download the Registration form.
Click here to download the Moot Proposition.
Click here to download the rules and regulations.