2nd CIPR National Essay Competition 2016
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies, is going to organize the 2nd CIPR National Level Essay Writing Competition to commemorate the World Intellectual Property Day, 2016.
Eligibility: The competition is open to LL.B. and LLM students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
- Copyright as a means of protection of cultural intellectual assets in the digital age
- Popular media and cultural expressions: Boundaries of protection afforded by IPR
- Remix Culture and Amateur Creators: Copyright Challenges
- Preserving traditional knowledge and folklore in a digital world with the application of IPR
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to [email protected]
- The essay should be in English, not exceeding 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The essay should be accompanied with an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, e-mail id, Contact number and name of the College/University along with address and class of the Participant. In case of co authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
- Duly filled Declaration Form, attached here, must accompany the essay.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation 19th edition.
- The Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10.
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
Last date for submission of application: 26 April, 2016
Click here for official notification.