2nd IIT Law School National Moot Court Competition
The Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur has announced the 2nd IIT Law School National Moot Court Competition from 06-08 November, 2015.
Eligibility: All students currently enrolled in three year or five year LL.B. degree in any Law School/College/University in India, are eligible to participate in the Competition.
Team Selection: A total of 25 teams shall be eligible for registration based on first come first served basis (based on the receipt of the scanned copies of the DD, the duly filled Registration Form and the proof of postage to IIT). Only one team per institution is allowed to register in the competition.
- Each team must register through electronic means by sending a scanned copy of the duly filled registration form, the DD and proof of postage of the same (in the form of receipts of Courier, Speed Post, etc.), to [email protected] latest by 19th October, 2015.
- A hard copy of Registration form duly filled and signed accompanied by the registration fee of Rs. 1500/- in the form of a Demand Draft or online transfer, must be sent to the address mentioned in the registration form. The DD should be made in favour of CEP STC, IIT KHARAGPUR and should be payable at KHARAGPUR, WEST BENGAL.
- Online Transfer Bank Details:
Name of the A/C: CEP STC, Syndicate Bank
Branch: SRIC IIT Kharagpur - 721302
A/c: No: 95562200002955
MICR Code: 721025103
IFSC Code: SYNB0009556
- The Memorial must necessarily consist of the following sections and no other section is allowed:
A. Cover Page
B. Table of Contents
C. List of Abbreviations
D. Index of Authorities
E. Statement of Jurisdiction
F. Statement of Facts
G. Issues for Consideration
H. Summary of Pleadings
I. Written Submissions
J. Prayer for reliefs
- Soft copies of the Memorials for each side must be submitted by 19th October 2015 in both .docx and .pdf formats to [email protected] The subject of the email must be “Memorial for TIN”; for e.g., if TIN allotted is ‘RG15’ the subject should read as ‘Memorial for RG15’.
Each document should be submitted after labeling the header for each page with TIN_A for the Appellant(s)/Petitioner(s) side and TIN_R for the Respondent(s) side.
- Cover Page shall necessarily and only have the following details:
A. Team Identification Number [TIN] on the top right corner of the cover
B. The name and place of the forum
C. The relevant legal provision for filing the suit
D. Name of the parties and their standing (Appellant, Petitioner, Respondent etc.)
E. Memorial filed on behalf of…
F. Counsel appearing on behalf of…
- The Written Submission (pleading) shall not exceed 6000 words including footnotes.
- All Memorials must be printed in Black and White on standard A4 white paper ONLY.
- The font used must ONLY be Times New Roman, Size 12, with double line spacing
- The font used in the footnotes must ONLY be Times New Roman, Size 10, with double line spacing. However, the space between consecutive lines of a single footnote may be single spaced, subject to uniformity throughout the Memorial.
- Speaking footnotes are not allowed.
- Illustrative example of an acceptable footnote: Ax v. By, AIR 2014 SC 299, 300-301.
- The Harvard Blue Book Style of footnoting (19th Edition) must be followed as far as practicable. As far as possible, footnoting must be uniform throughout the Memorial.
- Each page of the Memorial must have a margin of one inch (1”) on all sides. No text must be placed within this margin of the page, other than the page number and the TIN.
- Winner Team- Rs 50,000
- Runner-up Team- Rs 25,000
- Best Researcher- Rs 5,000
- Best Memorial- Rs 5,000
- Best Speaker (Preliminary Round) - Rs 5,000
- Best Speaker (Final Round)- Rs 5,000
- Last date for submission of soft copies of Registration Form along with soft copies (scanned) of the Demand Draft or receipt of the online transfer and Proof of Postage to reach the organizers via Email: 19th October 2015 (11:59 PM).
- Confirmation of Team Registration by MCC: 20th October 2015.
- Last Date for the submission of Hard Copies of the Registration Form along with the DD to reach the organizers via post: 30th October 2015.
- Last date for submission of soft copy of Memorials: 30th October 2015 (11:59 PM).
- Submission of hard copy of Memorials: On arrival at the Campus on 6th October 2015.
Click here to download the moot problem
Click here to download the Rules and Regulations