2nd Legislation Drafting Competition
The Constitutional Law Society of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata is going to organize the 2nd Legislation Drafting Competition on the topic “Invasion of privacy of newsworthy persons by the media in light of compelling public interest”. The competition aims to encourage students to delve into the current debate regarding privacy and provide a comprehensive solution through legislation.
Eligibility: The event is open to students (undergraduate/post-graduate) from all colleges in India.
Participation Fee: Rs. 200 per submission
- Each Team must register with the Constitutional Law Society by sending an email to [email protected] containing the name of the member(s) of the team, name of the institution and year of study with a scanned copy of the institutional identity card. The last date for registration for the Competition is 15th November, 2015.
- Teams are required to pay Rs 200 as participation fee within 5 days of receipt of the unique team code. The participation fee has to be transferred via electronic transfer, details for which are given as follows:
Name of A/C Holder “KSHITIJ MAHESHWARI”
A/C No for NEFT: “066300101007838”
IFSC Code: “CORP0000663”
Account Type: Savings
- All Teams must send electronic copies of their legislative draft and Author’s Note in “.docx” (Microsoft Word) and “.pdf” formats by email to [email protected] by 11:59 PM on December 7th, 2015. A total of four attachments are required with every mail.
- The electronic copies shall be named according to the team code
- The “subject” of the submission email should clearly state the unique team code.
- In addition to the proposed legislation (“draft”) document, every team must include an Author’s Note (maximum 2 pages) as part of their submission. The note should summarise the proposed legislation and highlight any salient features.
- Font: Time News Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Spacing: 1.5
- Margin: One inch on all sides
- Paper size: A4
- Maximum no. of pages: 25 (excluding the Author’s Note).
- Citations, if any, should be in the form of footnotes following a uniform format.
- The “Winning Team” will be awarded a Winner’s Certificate issued by the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences and the Constitutional Law Society and a Cash Prize of Rs. 6,000.
- The team placed second will be awarded a Runner Up Certificate issued by the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences and the Constitutional Law Society and a Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000.
- A “Certificate of Merit” issued by the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences and the Constitutional Law Society shall also be awarded to the next 7 best teams.
- A “Certificate of Participation” will be issued to all the participants of the Competition in electronic format by the Constitutional Law Society
Click here to download the rules and regulations.