2nd National Colloquium on Legal Research at IIT Kharagpur, Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL), IIT Kharagpur is organizing a two-day National Colloquium on Legal Research from 28th November to 29th November 2015. The prime objective of the colloquium is to enable the participants to relook at their research problem and approach it with better scientific temper. The colloquium intends to acquaint participants with different facets, dynamics, and emerging trends in legal research and methodology from the stage of formulation of a research problem to report writing and to equip them with the requisite skills to (re)shape their research problem (if necessary), pursue it in a systematic and effective manner and present it in an impressive manner.
Eligibility: Ph.D. and LL.M students (final year) registered in Law Schools/Colleges/Universities. The intake of participants is limited to thirty-five, only.
Themes & Sub-themes
- Legal Research and Methodology: Some Reflections on Methodology & Approaches
(i)Historical and Comparative Legal Research
(ii)Advancements in and Challenges to Socio-Legal Research
(ii)Developments in Case study Methods
- Opportunities and Challenges in Interdisciplinary / Multidisciplinary Legal Research
- Research Design
(i)Developing Research Proposal
(ii)Writing and structuring of Thesis
- Empirical Legal Research
(i)Tools of Data Collection
(ii)Analysis and Interpretation of Data
(iii)Effective Use of Information Technology Tools
(iv)Software Applications in Legal Research (Use of SPSS, AMOS, SAS, STATA, Excel Stat and other contemporary software. Including, the access to Data files, Data editor, Data transformation, files handling, demonstration and practice of statistical techniques to facilitate researchers in handling multiple sets of data in Legal Research).
(v)Technological advancements in Footnoting, Bibliographic & Referential style for Research Writing.
(vi)Methodologies for accessing distinct information sources
- Research Ethics and Structuring of Manuscript
(i)Copyright and Authorship related Issues
VI Publication of Final work
How to publish a research paper? (Publication of Literature Review, Research Proposal, Thesis, Articles and Book Review)
- The maximum word limit for abstract submission is 500 words.
- The abstract must include the description of research problem, methods used to address the research problem and the justification of the Methodology.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- All submissions should be sent in MS-Word.
- A brief description about the participants (name, current designation, research experience, and institutional affiliation) should be attached separately
- Submission of abstract shall be made firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee for Paper Presenter: INR 1500
- Registration fee for Participation without Presentation: INR 1800/-
Mode of Payment
Direct transfer, through Electronic transfer, or Demand Draft in favour of “CEP- STC IIT Kharagpur” payable at “Kharagpur”.
Bank Account Details
Name of the Account: CEP-STC
Account No: 95562200002955
Bank: Syndicate Bank
Branch: SRIC, IIT Kharagpur, 721302
MICR Code: 721025103
IFSC Code: SYNB0009556
Last date for submission of Abstract: 26th October, 2015
Last date for Registration: 10th November, 2015
Click here to download the brochure