Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites application for direct recruitment to the post of Civil Judge in the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service.
Name of Post: Civil Judge
No of Vacancy: 320 approximately
Pay Scale: Rs. 27,700 – 770 – 33,090 – 920 – 40,450 – 1080 – 44,770 + Allowances
Practicing Advocates/ Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors:
- Must possess a Degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission, or any other equivalent qualification and enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu or in the Bar Council of any other State in India and;
- Must be practicing as an Advocate or Pleader in any Court on the date of Notification for recruitment to the post and must have so practiced for a period of not less than 3 years on such date; or
- Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience as an Advocate and / or Assistant Public Prosecutor
Fresh Law Graduates:
- Must be a fresh Law Graduate possessing a degree in Law from a recognized University
- Must be eligible to be enrolled as an advocate.
- Must have secured an overall percentage of marks in acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree of Law as below:-
- (a) 45% Marks in case of Reserved Categories (i.e SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(OBCMs) and BCMs). (b) 50% Marks in case of Open Category (i.e Others).
- Must have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree of Law within a period of three years prior to the date of notification.
- For Practicing Advocates/ Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors: 25-40 years
- For Fresh Law Graduates: 22-27 years
- Last date for submission of application:07.05.2018
- Last date for payment of fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank): 09.05.2018
For official notification and further information click here