3rd KIIT University National Moot Court Competition, 2015
After successive organization for two years, the School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar proudly announces the 3rd KIIT University National Moot Court Competition, 2015 from September 18 to September 20, 2015.
This year, J Sagar Associates, a very renowned Indian law firm, has drafted the problem for the competition, to ensure a very challenging proposition and intense advocacy. Apart from that, the institute assures the erudite judging by nationally acclaimed judges, jurists and legal experts, added with the best of hospitality and prize money, the latter adding up to a total of around Rupees Two Lakhs in cash.
Eligibility: Students of three year and five year law degree courses from any University / Law School / College / Department are eligible to apply for registration of their team. However, a maximum of One team shall be allowed to participate from any one University / Law School / College / Department.
The teams interested to participate are required to confirm their participation by sending an email attaching the scanned copy of Annexure-A(Registration form), duly filled, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 5th of August, 2015. It must be noted that such email has to be sent only through the University / School / College / Department official email address. Emails sent through personal / non-official email addresses and emails sent to any other address other than email@example.com , will be ignored.
Click here to download the registration form:
- The teams shall then send -
(a) the printed copy of Annexure Aand
(b) a non-refundable participation fee of Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of KIIT, and payable at Bhubaneswar (clearly stating the name of the institution at the reverse side of the demand draft), addressed to:
Mr.Sudipta De Sarkar Faculty Convenor 3rd KIIT University National Moot Court Competition, 2015 School of Law, KIIT University, Patia Bhubaneswar, Odisha. PIN – 751024 before 10th of August, 2015.
- On receipt of the printed copy of Annexure-A and the Demand Draft, the team shall be formally registered as a participant for the event, and a team code shall be generated and a confirmatory email, together with the team code, shall be sent to such team on the 13th of August, 2015.
- The teams shall also send a soft copy of Annexure – B (Travel details), duly filled, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of September, 2015.
Click here to download the form for Travel Plan
Guidelines for Submission of Memorial
- When sending the memorials by email in pdf format, please name the file pertaining to the memorial for the respondent as R accompanied by the team code and the file pertaining to the memorial for the petitioner as P accompanied by the team code.
- The cover page of the memorials sent, for both the soft and printed copies, shall clearly mention the word “P” for memorials on behalf of the Petitioner, and the word “R” for memorials on behalf of the Respondent, followed by the team code for both the instances, such being clearly inscribed on the top right hand corner of the cover page of the memorial for the Petitioners and Respondents.
- The memorials have to be submitted on A4 size paper and must contain the following sections in the order as stated below- · Cover Page; ·
Table of Contents; ·
Index of Authorities; ·
Statement of Jurisdiction;
Statement of Facts; ·
Statement of Issues; ·
Summary of Arguments;
Arguments Advanced; and ·
- The memorials must be printed in Times New Roman font with 12 font size and with 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes must be in Times New Roman font with 10 font size and with 1.0 line spacing. The memorials should have a margin measuring one inch on all sides of each page. To conserve paper, teams may print their memorials on both sides of the A4 sheet and submit accordingly.
- The memorials as a whole should not exceed 30 pages including the cover page.
- The cover page of the petitioner's memorial shall be printed on Blue colourA4 size paper, and the cover page of the respondent's memorial shall be printed on Red colourA4 size paper.
- The teams have to use the citation method as stated in the 19th edition of the Harvard Blue Book, for citation throughout the memorial.
- The winning team will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 1, 00,000/- (Rupees One Lac Only).
- The first runners up team will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 50, 000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only).
- The Second runners up team will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 25, 000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only).
- The Best Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a trophy and cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
- The team submitting the best Memorial will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 10, 000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
- Last Date of Registration (Soft Copy of Annexure “A” e ) along with Scanned Copy of the demand draft: 05th August, 2015
- Last Date of Registration (Hard Copy of Annexure “A”) along with the original demand draft: 10th August2015
- Memorial submission (Soft copy): 05st September 2015
- Memorial submission (Hard copy) (For Competition) & Travel Plan(Hard Copy of Annexure “B”): 10th September 2015
Click here for downloading the brochure:
Follow the facebook page of the events for updated information