40th All India Criminology Conference on “Dimensions of Crime and Criminal Justice System: Contemporary Issues and Challenges”
GNLU in association with Indian Society of Criminology is organizing 40th All India Criminology Conference on “Dimensions of Crime and Criminal Justice System: Contemporary Issues and Challenges.”
Date: 19-21 January 2018
Venue: Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
About the Conference:
This Conference is aimed at creating a platform for a scholarly deliberation and development of ideas on Contemporary Issues and Challenges in the area of Crime, Development and Criminal Justice System.
Theme: Dimensions of Crime and Criminal Justice System: Contemporary Issues and Challenges
- Crime and Development: Economic Offences, Organized Crimes, Terrorism, Media and Crime.
- Crime, Technology and Law: Issues and Challenges in the Investigation of Cyber Crimes, Social Media and Crimes, Application of Technology in Criminal Justice Administration.
- Hate Crimes: Caste Conflicts, Communal Violence, Ethnic Violence, Crimes against Scheduled Tribes, Crimes against LGBT, Religion as a regulatory role, Hate Speech.
- Criminal Justice Policies: Police, Judiciary and other law enforcement agencies, Juvenile Justice and Criminal Justice Reforms.
- Prison Reforms:Young offenders, Borstal Schools and other Correctional Programmes, Prisoners’ Rights, Community Based Treatment of Offenders including Probation, Parole, Community Services, Prison Industries, After Care Programmes, Community Participation, other alternative dispute resolution methods and other Restorative Justice Approaches.
- Victim Jurisprudence:Victims of Abuse of Power, Women, Child, and Elderly, Environmental crimes, Reporting Behavior of Victims.
Who Can Attend?
This conference is aimed at educators, researchers, academicians and practitioners in the area of Crime, Development, Criminal Justice Policies, Social Sciences, Members from Judiciary, Police, Prison, Policy makers, Members from civil society and NGOs scholars from security industries and students
- The participants are requested to submit an abstract of a maximum 300 words in Microsoft Word document.
- There is no restriction on the number of co-authors. All such author and co-author(s) will have to mandatorily and separately register themselves by paying the requisite registration fees.
- The abstract must include a clear indication of the objectives, methodology, major results, implications, and key references.
- All abstracts will be subject to blind review and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected to submit their complete paper for the final presentation.
- The criteria for evaluation by the reviewers are based on Relevance, Methodology and Originality.
- Participants willing to submit abstracts must fill the Abstract Submission Form https://goo.gl/forms/NSEkoSBSscsduRZI2 and submit the abstract in .doc/.docx format to email@example.com with subject “Abstract Submission” by 11:59 PM, 31st October 2017.
- Author details must also be mentioned in the body of the email. Author(s) must refrain from revealing their identity in any form in the abstract.
- For each theme, there will be a poster session to encourage detailed discussion with presenter. Interested individuals can register for poster presentation by filling the Registration Form https://goo.gl/forms/8ORmoVTybXVzM5n72 and paying the registration fees.
- In case of more than one presenter, each co-presenter must register separately. However, an individual cannot participate in both paper presentation and poster presentation.
- The presenter needs to send the E-poster (.jpeg format) with the subject “Poster Presentation” to iscconference40@gn- lu.ac.in by 11:59 PM, 31st October 2017 with the following details:
Title of poster and the relevant sub-theme:
Name of the presenter(s):
Brief bio-data of the presenter(s)
- There shall be four awards for best paper presentations and two awards for best poster presentations.
- Last Date for Abstract/Poster submission : 31st October, 2017
- Communication of Abstract/Poster Acceptance : 10th November, 2017
- Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees (Early Bird):20th November, 2017
- Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees for Paper & Poster:10th December, 2017
- Last Date for submitting ISC Best Research Paper Award: 31st December, 2017
Kindly address all submissions and queries to the conference email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Conference Brochure and Registration Fees & Payment Details click here