5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
Centre for Public Law, ILS Law College, Pune is organizing The Fifth ILS Alternate Judgment Writing Competition 2017-18.
The judgment for the competition is “Karan Dileep Nevatia vs. Union of India” The judgment reflects an interface of Constitution of India and GATT law. The same was delivered by the Bombay High Court, and a Special Leave Petition against it under Article 136 of the Constitution has been dismissed by the Supreme Court.
Aim and Objective:
- Rethink the earlier Judgments of Supreme Court & High Court.
- Sharpen the Research & writing skills.
- Reimagine the reasoning underlying the cases.
Case Citation: Karan Dileep Nevatia vs. Union of India, 2010(112) BomLR127, 2010(1)BomCR588
Who can apply?
- Any Law College or Law University can send in entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The student authors of the alternate judgment shall be pursuing the 5 year or 3 year law course. Judgment shall be drafted by sole author, and co-authorship is not permissible.
- Word limit - 3500 words (including foot notes)
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your institution and the names of student authors, with the signatures of each student author. The cover page should also bear the ‘Mode of Payment’ for the competition, and the Receipt No. of the same.
- The alternate judgment shall begin on the next page.
- Do not state any matter in the alternate judgment (except the cover page) that might reveal your identity or of your institution.
- Pay registration fees of Rs.510/-by NEFT.
The NEFT Details are herein below:
Principal, ILS Law College, Pune 411004, Account Number: 490076558, Indian Bank, 759/ 62, Prabhat Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune 411004. IFSC: IDIB000D007 (Please mention “Registration for AJW 2017” in the comment).
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your institution and the names of student authors, with the signatures of each student author, details of payment, email and mobile number of the participants.
- Send the printed judgements to Centre for Public Law, ILS Law College, Chiplunkar Road (Law College Road), Pune 411004.
- Also send a soft Copy of your payment receipt and a soft copy of your alternate judgment in MSWord format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fifth Alternate Judgment Writing 2017” in the subject of the mail.
- The Printed and Soft Copy of the Draft of the Alternate judgment and the registration fee of Rs. 510/- must reach us on or before 20th December, 2017.
- First Prize 10,000
- Second Prize Rs. 8,000
- Third Prize 5,000
- The draft of the alternate judgment should be submitted on or before 20.12.2017.
- The shortlisted candidates for the second round will be informed on 13.01.2018.
- The oral presentation will be held on 05.02.2018. (Post lunch).
Any query regarding the competition shall be addressed to:
Ms. Shiwali Agarwal (Faculty in-charge): +917440889584
Ms. Gnanusha (Final Year Student): +917768060959
Or email at email@example.com
For the copy of the judgment click here
For official notification click here