6th Dr.Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ Moot Court Competition
The College of Legal Studies (CoLS), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is organizing the the 6th Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International “Energy Law” Moot Court Competition, 2016 to commemorate the legendary Dr. Paras Diwan, a renowned legal luminary, acclaimed jurist and a writer par excellence, who has umpteen number of publications to his credit in the form of books and articles.
- Students enrolled in full time 3 years or 5 years law programmes are eligible to compete in the competition. Each college/Institution/University may send maximum of one team.
- Eligibility for oral rounds shall be on the basis of selection of skeletal memorials.
The duly completed scanned copy of the competition’s provisional registration form must be submitted online at email@example.com on or before 25th November, 2015. The subject
of the mail must be “Provisional Registration: <Institution Name>”
Click here to download the Registration form
On completing the process of provisional registration a registration number shall be issued by the Association and communicated to the teams, which shall be used for any communication and submission of memorials till the team code is issued.
The registration of the teams for the competition shall be strictly done on the basis of the merit
of the skeletal memorials submitted by the participant. The shortlisted teams will be notified via email latest by 15th January, 2016.
The short listed teams shall send duly completed registration form, travel plan and transaction receipt (in hard copy) on or before 20 March, 2016 to the communication address mentioned in the rule book.
- All teams shall be given a team code by the Association on validation and the teams shall use their designated team code for any further correspondence.
- All the teams who have sent their completed registration form along with the transaction receipt shall arrive and verify the details in person at the Dehradun Main Campus during verification.
- Each team has to submit six (6) sets of memorials (bound & printed on both sides of A4 sheet) for each side at the time of verification at Dehradun Main Campus specifying the team code allocated on each memorial.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF MEMORIALS
Submission of Skeletal Memorial
- The teams must send the soft copy of the skeletal memorials at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th December, 2015 (11:59 P.M), which must be a .doc file extension with the subject of the email as memorials for “Skeletal Memorial Submission- <Provisional Registration
Number>”, For ex. “Skeletal Memorial Submission PR001”
- The file name of the skeletal memorial shall be in the following format- <Provisional
Registration number><Side represented>. For ex- ‘PR012 Respondent’
- Late Submissions: For every hour of delay in memorial submission beyond the prescribed time (11:59 pm IST, 29th December, 2015), 1 mark shall be deducted. Any Memorial submitted 15hours after the time prescribed above (i.e. after 2:59 pm IST, 30th December, 2015) will not be accepted.
- All pages of a Skeletal Memorial must be formatted or printed on paper of A4 size (both sides).
- All pages of a Skeletal Memorial must have margins on all sides of at least one inch i.e. two
and a half centimeters (2.5cm).
- Summary of Arguments shall not exceed more than 2500 words.
- Each Skeletal Memorial must contain the following sections:
i. COVER PAGE ( Subject to Clause 7(c) )
ii. TABLE OF CONTENTS
iii. STATEMENT OF JURISDICTION
iv. STATEMENT OF FACTS (should not exceed more than 2 pages)
v. SUMMARY OF ARGUMENTS
Submission of Memorials
- The selected teams must send the soft copy of the memorials at email@example.com by
29th February, 2016 (11:59 pm), which must be a .doc file extension with the subject of the email as memorials for "Memorial Submission- <Team Code>". For ex- “TC-E”
- The file name of the memorials shall be in the following format- <Team Code> <Side
represented>. For ex- ‘TC-E Respondent’
- Late Submissions: For every hour of delay in memorial submission beyond the prescribed time (11:59 pm IST, 29th February, 2016), 1 mark shall be deducted. Any Memorial submitted 15 hours after the time prescribed above (i.e. after 2:59 pm IST, 1st March, 2016) will not be accepted.
- All pages of a Memorial must be formatted or printed on paper of A4 size (both sides).
- All pages of a Memorial must have margins on all sides of at least one inch i.e. two and a half
- Arguments advanced shall not exceed more than twenty-five (25) pages.
- Memorial Page limit shall not exceed forty (40) Pages.
- Each Memorial must contain the following sections:
ii. TABLE OF CONTENTS
iii. LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
iv. INDEX OF AUTHORITIES
v. STATEMENT OF JURISDICTION
vi. STATEMENT OF FACTS
vii. STATEMENT OF ISSUES
viii. SUMMARY OF ARGUMENTS
ix. ARGUMENTS ADVANCED
The Skeletal Memorial and Memorial shall be formatted in accordance with the following specifications:
- Body Text Font Type: Times New Roman, Line Spacing: 2.0 lines, Font Size: 12, Headings
and Bullets- Font size: 14.
- Footnotes Font Type: Times New Roman, Line Spacing: 1.5 spaced, Font size: 10.
- The Bluebook Uniform Mode of Citation (19th Edition) or any other recognized uniform
method of citation must be strictly adhered to draft the memorials.
- 3500/- : For Indian participants
- 100$: For International participants from Medium and Low HDI Countries.*
- 200$: For International participants from Very High and High HDI Countries.*
- Winner- Cash Prize of Rs.50000 and a Trophy.
- Runners-up- Cash Prize of Rs Rs.30000 and a Trophy.
- Best Memorial- Cash Prize of Rs 20000 and a Trophy
- Best Speaker- Cash Prize of Rs.10000 and a Trophy
- Best Researcher- Cash Prize of 10000 and a Trophy
Click here for Clarifications.
Click here to download the brochure
Click here to download the Moot Problem
Click here to download the invitation letter
Click here to download the Registration Form
Click here to download the Rule Book