6th NLIU -Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition, 2015
National Law Institute University, Bhopal is organizing Juris- Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition, 2015.
The problem for the 6th NLIU – Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition 2015 is based on emerging corporate law issues.
16th - 18th October, 2015
National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM COMPOSITION
- The Competition shall be open for students who are pursuing three or five-year LL.B. Degree Course in the Universities. LL.M. Degree Course students are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. This team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers. Teams may have only one researcher. No additional member can be part of a team in any capacity.
- Teams must confirm participation by 15th September, 2015 by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject as “Confirmation for 6th NLIU – Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition 2015” (if not done already).
- The duly filled registration form shall reach the organizers latest by 25th September, 2015. The form should be printed, signed (and sealed), scanned and mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Registration Form for 6th NLIU – Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition 2015”.
- Registration fee of Rs. 1500 per team (only one team per University or one team per college where more than one college is affiliated with a University) will have to be paid by each team on arrival in NLIU. The payment will have to be made in the formof a demand draft in favour of „The Director, National Law Institute University, Bhopal‟, payable at Bhopal.
- Teams have to submit memorials for both the parties to the dispute.
- Six (6) copies each, of the memorials for both the sides shall be submitted by the teams during registration on 16th October, 2015.
- Soft copies of the memorials are also to be mailed at email@example.com with subject as “Memorial Submission for the 6th NLIU – Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition 2015” The last date for submission of soft copies of the memorial is 9th October, 2015.
- Contents of the hard copy must be same as that of the soft copy. Failing which team will be penalized and may even be disqualified.
- Memorials shall be judged on the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Facts – 15 marks
- Proper and Articulate Analysis – 20 marks
- Extent and use of Research – 30 marks
- Grammar, Style and Coherency – 20 marks
- Formatting and Citation of Sources – 15 marks
- Total – 100 marks
FORMAT OF THE MEMORIAL
- All memorials submitted must conform with the following general requirements and a team will attract negative marking for failure to keep within the limitation as described below:
(i) Memorials must be printed on A-4 paper with black ink and must be neatly bound.
(ii) The font of the body of the Memorial must be Times New Roman, size 12, with double line spacing. The size of footnotes/endnotes, if any, must be in Times New Roman font size 12 with line spacing of 1.5.
(iii) Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides.
(iv)The memorials should not be covered with a plastic cover or be spiral bound or combed bound. They should either be stitched or stapled properly. Use of butter
paper, plastic sheets, spiral binding etc. is strictly prohibited.
(v)The cover page of the memo from the petitioner's side should be blue and from the
respondent's side red.
- The Memorial should not exceed 25 typed pages and shall consist of the following parts:
- Cover Page
b.Table of Contents
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
e.Statement of Facts
- Statement of Issues
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced must not exceed 15 pages in any case.
- A uniform style of citation should be followed in the memorial throughout. Teams are advised to use the Blue Book 19th Edition Format. Footnotes shall contain only the citation, and shall not contain comments or quotes. The teams may submit a compendium of cases and other materials referred to in the memorials, to the court clerk, at the time of the rounds.
- Identity of the institute must not be revealed/ disclosed in any manner in the memorials or the compendium (if any).
- A total of 30 minutes for oral rounds shall be allotted to each team in the preliminary rounds, Octa Finals (if any) and Quarter Finals. A speaker of a team cannot be allotted more than 18minutes in a round. Rebutalls/sur-rebutalls shall be of minimum 2 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes.
- A total of 45 minutes for oral rounds shall be allotted to each team in the Semi Final and Finals. A speaker of a team cannot be allotted more than 25 minutes in a round. Rebutalls/sur-rebutalls shall be of minimum 2 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes.
Teams shall not be allowed to observe the orals of another team. Scouting is strictly prohibited and shall entail instant disqualification.
- Each team shall be assigned a code upon registration.
- There shall be two preliminary rounds, an Octa Final, a Quarter Final, a Semi Final and a Final Round. However, if the number of teams participating is less than thirty, there shall be no Octa Final rounds.
- A researchers test will be conducted on 16th October, 2015.
- Winning Team Award: The winning team will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000.
- Runners - up Award: The 1st runners up will get a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 30,000.
- Best Oralist: The best oralist in the preliminary round will get trophy and cash prize of Rs. 10,000.
- Best Memorial: The team with best memorial will receive trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000.
- Best Researcher: The Best Researcher will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000.
- Certificates for participation will be given to all the participants.
The student counsels shall not state their names during the oral rounds, and must use the team Code. All team members must refrain from disclosing the identity of their institution at any time and in any manner, during the oral rounds.
Non compliance with this Rule will result in immediate disqualification of the team.
- Accommodation will be provided to all the teams. For any additional members of any team the host university will not be responsible for his/her accommodation.
- Accommodation will be provided from 8:00 a.m., 16th October, 2015 till 10:00 a.m., 19th October, 2015. Teams arriving before 16th and staying after 19th will have to arrange for their accommodation themselves.
- Conveyance will be provided to all the teams from the Station/Airport on their arrival to the accommodation. Please that this will only be done from 6:00 a.m., 16th October, 2015, onwards.Additionally, no pick-up can be provided to any team which arrives between 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. So teams are advised to plan their travel accordingly.
- Conveyance will be provided to all the teams to and from the university to the accommodation.
- No conveyance shall be provided under any circumstance for dropping any team to the Station/Airport.
- Food for all the days of the competition will be provided to all the teams.
- Teams must send their travel plans along with the registration form.
Clarifications regarding anything may be sought from any of the following:
Moot Court Association,
Moot Court Association,
- All firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Clarifications: The 6th NLIU – Juris Corp National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition 2015” by 20th September, 2015.
- A full list of clarifications shall be sent to all the teams by email by 23rd September, 2015, if required.
- Any changes in these Rules and Regulations shall be communicated to the participating teams, latest, by 30th September, 2015.
Click here for the moot problem.
Click for further rules and regulation of Preliminary Rounds and Final rounds.