Admission Announcement: TNNLS’ One-year LL.M. Programme
The Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS) has invited applications for its newly launched LL.M. programme.
The one-year LL.M. is a regular, full-time intensive programme on semester pattern comprising of three streams, i.e., LL.M. (Corporate and Securities Laws), LL.M. (Intellectual Property Laws) and LL.M. (Natural Resources Law).
It shall spread over one academic year of 36-weeks’ duration, consisting of two semesters of 18-weeks’ each.
As per UGC regulations, the one-year LL.M. programme shall have three mandatory courses, four specialization courses, two elective courses and a dissertation. Thus, a candidate admitted to the one-year programme shall complete an overall nine courses and a dissertation for the award of the degree.
LL.M. (Corporate and Securities Laws):
- Corporate Finance Law
- Law of Securities and Derivatives Contracts
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring (Mergers, Acquisition etc.)
- Corporate Insolvency and Bankruptcy Law, including Revival of Sick Companies
- Corporate Taxation Law (Direct Taxation)
- Law and Practice of Shareholder’s Agreements
- Corporate Compliance, Investigation of Corporate Matters and Adjudicatory Mechanism
LL.M. (Intellectual Property Laws):
- General Principles of Intellectual Property Laws
- Law and Practice of Patents
- Pharma Patents and Access to Medicines
- International IP Law and Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights and Litigation
- Copyrights and Access to Knowledge
- Law of Plant Varieties and Farmer’s Rights
- Law of Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Intellectual Property and Competition Law
LL.M. (Natural Resources Law):
- Rights relating to Natural Resources
- Property Rights over Land
- Law relating to Water
- Legal Regulation of Forests and Wildlife
- Mines and Mineral Laws
- Energy Law and Regulation
- Bio-Diversity and Biological Resources
Admission Procedure: Admission to this programme is based purely on merit through the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) conducted by the national law schools or by any other test as may be decided by TNNLS, Tiruchirappalli.
Eligibility Criteria: 3/5 years B.L. or LL.B. or B.L. (Hons.) or LL.B. (Hons.) or its equivalent with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
Students Intake: The intake for the academic year 2018-19, including all the three streams of one-year LL.M. programme, shall be 18. The university reserves the right to fix the minimum number of students required for each specialization every academic year.
*The actual number of courses offered will depend on the decision of TNNLS.