Applications Invited for Participation In GLCMUN'18
Government Law College Mumbai invites participants to the 10th edition of Government Law College Model United Nations Conference (GLCMUN-2018) scheduled from 23rd to 25th March 2018, in Mumbai.
This year, the closing ceremony will be held at Trident, Nariman Point.
The agenda of the committees simulated would be as follows:
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
- Discuss the resolutions to the civil unrest in Burundi, working in conjunction with the African Union.
- Stabilize the economic and political crisis in Venezuela.
- United Nations General Assembly- DISEC (UNGA-DISEC)
- The involvement of PMSCs in matters of international security.
- Controlling the proliferation of modern weapons with special emphasis on nuclear security concerns.
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- Universal Periodic Review - Saudi Arabia, Myanmar, People's Republic of China, Turkey and United States of America.
- Right to Privacy in the Digital Age.
- United Nations Commission on Narcotics and Drugs (UNCND)
- Legalisation of narcotics (including marijuana) for medicinal purposes.
- Promoting the implementation of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Alternative Development with a special focus on LDCs.
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Enhancing functioning towards building trade capacity in developing countries in line with recommendations of the Doha Agenda.
- All India Opposition Parties Meet (AIOPM)
- Roadmap to 2019 elections with respect to forming a united front in state as well as national elections.
- Analyzing the social, economic and foreign policies of the Indian government under the present government.
Delegate Registration Fee: INR 2000
Accommodation Charges (Optional): INR 4500
Cash Prizes: Over INR 1 Lakh
Queries can be addressed to Prakhar Agrawal (7737218033), or Abhijit Bhandarkar (7666076606).
LiveLaw is a Media Partner of GLCMUN'18.