B.M. Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot Court Competition - 2017
22 Sep 2017 2:51 PM GMT
BMS College of Law is organising B.M. Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Level Moot Court Competition scheduled to be held from 26-28 October, 2017.
About the BMS College of Law:
The college, situated in the heart of the city, was started during the academic year 1963-64 under the aegis of the B M S Educational Trust. The Trust is named after Late Dharamaprakasha Rajakaryaprasaktha B.M.Sreenivasaiah, whose philanthropy resulted in the establishment of the First Engineering College under the Private Management of the State of Karnataka.
During the inception of the Law College, the Administrative Principal, Late A. G. Ramachandra Rao, was the Minister for Education in the State of Mysore. His successors Hon'ble late Mr. Justice E. S. Venkataramaiah and Hon'ble Mr. Justice M. N. Venkatachalaiah, former Chief Justices of India, were in the first decade, associated with the funding and guiding the Institution.
The competition is open for law students currently pursuing their Bachelor's Degree in Law i.e. 3 Year LL.B. or 5 Year LL.B. Programme.
The entries are restricted to 24 (Twenty Four) teams on first registration basis.
- The registration fee for the national moot court competition is Rs. 2500/-.
- Soft copies of registration form and bank draft shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 30 September 2017 and the hard copy of the registration forms which contain the details students taking part along with the hard copy of the draft should be submitted latest by 05 October 2017.
- Teams shall send a soft-copy of the Memorandum of Written Submissions in Adobe PDF format only, via Email to email@example.com on or before 12 October 2017.
- All participating teams shall submit 6 sets of written memorials (Six sets i.e., 6 for Petitioner and 6 for Respondent - totally 12 copies) must reach the organizers latest by 18 October 2017.
- All queries regarding problem, rules and regulations, shall be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th October 2017
The Prize Money shall be as follows:
- Winner Rs. 25,000/-
- Runners-Up Rs. 20,000/-
- Best Memorial Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Mooter (Male) Rs. 5,000/-
- All participants shall be awarded Certificates of Participation and the Winners shall receive Certificate of Merit.
The Moot Problem, Registration Form and detailed Rules and Regulations of the Moot Court Competition are enclosed herewith.
For more details please log in: www.bmslawcollege.org.