RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (RILEC 2016)
The Journal Committee at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow organizing the fourth edition of the RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (RILEC 2016). The theme for this year’s edition is International Taxation Law.
The University has successfully organized three previous editions of RILEC in the year 2013, 2014 and 2015. As for this year’s theme, International taxation has always chiselled and affected the world community immensely and therefore the laws, treaties and commissions related to it hold a major importance in this globalized world. Tax avoidance by multinational corporations as well as by individuals has become a common phenomenon and continuous efforts are being made to curb this menace. With an aim to inform public opinion in the field of tax law through academic scholarship, the sub-themes for this year’s edition of RILEC are as under:
- E-Commerce in International Taxation– Issues and Challenges.
- Source-based and Residence-based Taxation– Bridging the hiatus.
- Role of Supranational Organization in shaping and transforming International Taxation.
- Addressing the challenges of BEPS in the wake of paradigm shift in global taxation environment.
Participants are requested to adhere to the following submission guidelines:
Word limit for the Competition: 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman | 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman | 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
Uniform style ofcitation should be followed throughout the essay.
The file names must consist only of the authors’ names.
Students pursuing a 3 year LL.B course or 5 year integrated LL.B course, in India and equivalent Undergraduate law degree, abroad.
Students pursuing LL.M or Ph.D; and/or Professionals are barred from participating in the Competition.
1) The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
2) Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
1) Co-authorship of entries is strictly not allowed.
2) Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
3) A participant may submit an entry related to one subtheme only. One shall not juxtapose subthemes in an entry.
The last date for the submission of soft copies is 10th April, 2016.
Winner- INR 15,000 and a ‘Letter of Recommendation’ from the Honorary Head of the Executive Panel of Judges.
First Runner up- INR 10,000
Second Runner up- INR 5,000
‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for the top 10 entries which get shortlisted.
Send submissions to email@example.com
Send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Raghvendra Pratap Singh (+91)-9918007079
Deepti Bajpai (+91)-9838278261
Raj Shekhar (+91)-8933870934