Call For Applications: CLPR’s Equality Fellows
The Centre for Law and Policy Research (CLPR) focuses on addressing discrimination at the intersections of caste, gender, sexuality, and disability and other minorities through law.As a part of this work, CLPR has announced The CLPR Equality Fellowship.
CLPR will select 6 Equality Fellows to engage in litigation and advocacy that responds to intersectional discrimination in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Young lawyers who are motivated and committed to working with equality and anti-discrimination law should apply for this two-year fellowship.
The Equality Fellows will engage in litigation and advocacy in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, to work with communities facing discrimination on the basis of caste, gender, disability, sexuality, gender identity and minority status. This will include enhancing the implementation of various equality laws.
The CLPR Equality Fellowship is a paid, two-year opportunity which will be awarded to 6 young lawyers keen to pursue the practice of public interest law on a full-time basis.
CLPR will provide the Equality Fellows with training and support necessary to make an impact on the quality and delivery of legal services to marginalised communities.
- Successful candidates will be young, talented lawyers who demonstrate a strong interest in rights-based advocacy and a commitment to public interest law
- Law graduates with an L.L.B degree who have a minimum of two years of litigation experience
- Applicants should be registered and enrolled with the Bar Council of India
- Should have a working knowledge of either Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam or Tamil
- Should have excellent writing and drafting skills
- CLPR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages persons from SC/ST backgrounds, minority religions, LGBTQI+ persons and persons with disability to apply
Applicants must submit:
- A signed and completed CLPR Equality Fellowship Application Form.
- Two (2) writing samples (published articles, essays, blog posts) between 500 and 2,000 words.
Applications must be submitted by December 30, 2018, 5.00 PM IST.
Please combine all attachments in a single PDF file labelled with “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name].” Email the PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line: “[Your Name]- Equality Fellowship Application” .
For further details, click here.