Call for Applications: IDIA’s Training & Materials Vertical
The Training & Materials Vertical of the Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access (IDIA) Project has invited applications for its various projects.
The IDIA project was initiated by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer to reach out to the marginalized and under-represented groups, sensitize them to law as a viable career option and help interested students acquire admission in law schools, which are otherwise increasingly elitist spaces. To know more about the project, visit the IDIA website here.
The Training and Materials Vertical (T&M Team) of IDIA is responsible for preparation of training-material for trainees to practise with. The team is inviting applications for the different projects it will be undertaking this year. The T&M Vertical is undergoing rapid expansion via its online platform and in furtherance of this endeavour, volunteers are required for the following projects:
- Video Training
IDIA aims to create more video tutorials in regional languages, so as make learning easier and more fun for the trainees. They will be using a very simple software for this (for instance, see this short explanatory video). Each video ideally explains one topic and gives some questions on it. Tutorials developed last year can be accessed here.
This project, once completed, shall enable IDIA to reach out to areas where it does not have a strong presence as yet. Prior knowledge of video-making, programming, graphic designing etc. is not a pre-requisite to be a part of this team. Candidates having a sound grasp of subject areas tested through law entrance examinations, and wishing to disseminate this knowledge country-wide are encouraged to apply.
- Mock Tests
The work would entail:
- Creating mock tests calibrated to different difficulty levels.
- Proof-reading questions and answer keys in pre-existing Mock Tests.
- Administering tests and analysing test results so as to give detailed, individualised feedback to test-takers.
Last year, all IDIA trainees attempted these mock tests and greatly benefited from regular feedback on their performance. In addition to designing questions, candidates will have an opportunity to extensively engage with Moodle, code tests, and conduct data analysis using MS Excel. Once again, prior knowledge of these tools is not a pre-requisite.
- Question Bank
IDIA has been successful in preparing a well-segregated, subject-wise question bank of all past-years’ law entrance examinations. This task was undertaken with the aim of familiarizing trainees with the possible types of questions that can be expected in an entrance examination. The work for this project would entail:
- Reviewing the Question Bank to ensure there are no errors in the questions and ensuring the answers are conducive.
- Determining and implementing a creative means for rendering the question bank online so as to ensure ease of usage.
- Current Affairs
This project entails preparation of weekly quizzes on current affairs. If you are interested in regular engagement with the happenings across the world, then this work shall interest you greatly.
The minimum qualifications for this post are the following:
- The T&M Vertical must be the priority for the candidates. Candidates should be able to spare at least 6-8 hours a week for this work.
- It is essential that the candidates believe in, and be committed to IDIA’s cause.
- Good communication skills along with leadership qualities are also a must.
The biggest incentive in working as part of IDIA is, of course, the satisfaction of having made great contribution towards a great cause. However, some material incentives which the candidates could consider are:
- IDIA’s various supporters and donors (including some of the leading law firms) have agreed to grant internship opportunities to best performing IDIA volunteers. In the past, IDIA has nominated its best-performing volunteers for internships at top law firms such as JSA, Trilegal, Luthra and Luthra, AZB etc., as well as companies like GE, Microsoft, Thomson Reuters, LexisNexis etc.
- An exceptional IDIA team leader/deputy team leader could be nominated for a series of awards including a fellowship instituted by a leading lawyer (IDIA: Sagar Fellowships) that pays a good sum each month.
- A certificate highlighting your contribution to IDIA and providing an assessment of your work.
- Those interested in applying may fill in this form by 11:59 pm on Sunday, 2nd September 2018.
- Applicants having past experience with similar projects are encouraged to apply, although that is not a strict requirement for selection. Members of regional teams are also encouraged to apply.
- Based on your expression of interest via the Google form you will be asked to complete a small task in due course.