Call for Applications: Youth workshop on Intellectual Property, Public Health and Access to Medicines
Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID), Peoples Health Movement (PHM) and Prayas are organizing a four-day post-congress workshop on intellectual property, public health and access to medicines.
Date: 15-17th December, 2015:
Venue: ISID Campus, 4, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-11007
- Introduction to Intellectual property rights and access to medicines;
- WTO and TRIPS – evolution, consequences, legal aspects and reform proposals;
- Indian patent law and policy - history, 2005 amendments and recent developments;
- Patent Examination and Enforcement;
- Trade Agreements, TRIPS-plus demands and Public Health;
- Challenging pharmaceutical patent monopolies: Role of Public Health and Public Interest Groups;
- Research and Development: Alternative Models.
Eligibility: Researchers, activists, journalists, scholars, public health professionals and students who are 40 years of age or younger as of 1 December 2015 and are residents of India.
How to Apply
All the participants are required to fill the application and submit it along with their C.V. on or before 26 October 2015.
Click here to apply online.
- Opening Date for Applications: 26 September 2015
- Final Date of Submission of Applications: 26 October 2015
- Confirmation of selected participants: 31 October 2015
Click here for official announcement.
Courtesy - SpicyIP.