Call For Interns: Center For Criminology & Public Policy, Udaipur
The Center for Criminology & Public Policy (CCPP) is inviting applications for its Criminal Justice Policy Research Internship Program. CCPP runs an internship program for students and recent graduates interested in gaining first-hand experience in public policy research in the areas of crime and criminal justice. This internship is a collaborative effort between the Center for Criminology & Public Policy, Udaipur, and the Rajasthan Society of Criminology and Victimology.
The program aims to provide enriching career development and mentorship experiences through structured program content and real-world experiences; and introduce interns with CCPP’s valued work behavior, including adaptability, collaboration, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving and decision-making.
Remuneration and Location: Internships are paid and based in our Rajasthan office. Candidates may also pursue online internships, but this will come under conditional paid internship. The program is open for international students; they will be provided a visa support letter by CCPP after the confirmation of their acceptance of internship offer. For 8-week internships, the total stipend will vary from Rs. 8,000 to 15,000 based on performance. Exceptional candidates will also receive a citation of excellence.
Duration: The duration of the internship is flexible, but is normally between 4 and 8 weeks. Those joining the internship for less than 4 weeks will not be eligible for compensation; though CCPP will grant them a certificate of completion of the internship.
Time Commitment: Candidates choosing online internship will need to work at least 10-12 hours a week, while those working from CCPP office are expected to commit 25-30 hours a week. Long-term internships are also available for those who want to position themselves for full-time paid employment and for those who are looking to gain work experience before entering graduate school. Candidates opting for online internships are highly recommended to apply for our long-term programme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- support on-going policy research projects;
- develop knowledge products on current affairs relevant to India’s crime and criminal justice policy;
- support ongoing-educational activities;
- collect data, conduct literature reviews, and work with qualitative and quantitative data;
- write policy briefs, research reports and executive summaries for internal and external audiences;
- engage with key stakeholders in government and other research establishments;
- present papers to large and smaller audiences;
- monitor external research and policy developments;
- review manuscripts submitted for publication;
- assist with social media (Facebook and Twitter);
- update contact databases;
- other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ (or degree in progress) in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Public Policy, International Studies, Police Administration, Criminal Law, Political Science, Journalism, Economics, Psychology, Geography, Statistics, and History.
- Excellent internet research and documentation skills
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and editing skills in English
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Crime & Criminal Justice/or Public Policy
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Eagerness to be creative and to take initiative on new ideas and projects
- Ability to work in a small team or independently as needed