Call for Paper; Nirma University Law Journal
The Journal Committee of Institute of Law, Nirma University has invited articles/ research papers, case studies, and book reviews on law and allied areas for publication in the Nirma University Law Journal. It can be an inter-disciplinary study reflecting socio-economic and political ideas or contemporary issues. The journal is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed ISSN serial publication from, Institute of Law, Nirma University. It showcases contemporary issues and challenges specific to law, with an inter-disciplinary approach towards assimilating knowledge. It is an endeavor of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across the academia and research fraternity. The Journal is indexed by Manupatra and SCC Online.
TIMELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
The following table summarizes the deadlines to be complied with when submitting the papers for publication in the Nirma University Law Journal:
Submission of the paper - 10th December 2015
Peer Review - 11th December to 25th December 2015
Communication regarding acceptance of the author - 26th to 30th December 2015
Release of the Journal - Last week of January 2016
- Word Limit: Submissions should not exceed 6000 words, excluding the footnotes. However,looking at the quality and depth of research, relaxation may be given and word limit may vary.
- Entries from all aspects of law whether direct or applied are welcome.
- Background of writers: We are a peer reviewed Journal. Hence entries from students pursuing Bachelors or Masters Course in law and any other allied discipline of Social Science would be accepted.
- Authorship: Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
- Citation Style: The Blue-book Uniform System of Citation (19th edition)
- Format of Main Text & the Footnotes: The Times New Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, the footnotes shall be in font size 10 and line spacing of 1.5 and 1.0 shall be followed respectively.
- Mode of Submission: Entries are to be sent at email@example.com latest by December 10, 2015 (11:59 pm).
- No hard copy of the same is required.
- Submission guidelines are also available on Institute of Law, Nirma University website. (nirmauni.ac.in/law/LawJournal.pdf).
- Those entries that do not make it to the present issue of Journal may be considered for the next issue (subject to intimation by the NULJ Team).
All the submissions sent to the University must be original and should not have been published nor should they be under consideration for publication in any other journal. Plagiarized entries are liable to be rejected. There must not be any copyright issues with the article send for publication purposes, and if any such issues are later discovered, the Nirma University Law Journal denies any responsibility in that regard.
By way of submitting their work to the Nirma University Law Journal, the authors grant exclusive permission to NULJ to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of media. Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the author.
A process of peer-review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions.
The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out rightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the readers.
For any further queries, kindly contact us on the following number:
VasundharaKanoria (+91 94214 83027).
SparshUpadhyay (+91 78200 30880).