Call for Papers: NALSAR International Law Journal (NILJ), Volume III
The NALSAR International Law Journal is an annual student-edited, peer-reviewed journal published by the International Law Society at NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad. The Journal seeks to promote the growth and engagement of scholarship in the field of international law and provides a forum for the discussion of legal issues within the domain of public international law, which it wishes to make readily available in the public domain, by publishing it online. The previous volumes of the journal can be accessed here
Who can apply?
The Editorial Board now invites submissions from students and practitioners in the field of international law for Volume III of the Journal.
- Articles (5000-700 words): Articles must comprehensively analyse a contemporary issue that the author seeks to highlight. Articles would include research articles and theoretical discussions on any theme of International Law. The author is expected to holistically cover the subject matter while offering a critical analysis of the chosen theme.
- Essays (300-5000 words): Essays must be concise and succinct, in their scope and conceptualization. They must offer an innovative perspective or challenge the prevailing discourse on an issue. Submissions under this theme should focus on a specific legal controversy or interpretation of law.
- Case Comments/Treaty Appraisal/Book or Article Review (1500-3000 words): A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively recent debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation of the law. Submissions critiquing judgments pertaining to International Law or specific treaty provisions may be made. A review is expected to cover a complete overview and analysis of a book/ article pertaining to the subject of International Law. The book/ article must be published after January 2015.
All the word limits mentioned above are inclusive of footnotes.
- Originality: All submissions must be the original and unpublished works of the author. Plagiarism in any form shall result in instant rejection of the submission. The decision of the Board of Editors in this matter is final and binding. The Editorial Board of NILJ shall not be responsible for any material that is libelous or scandalous and the author shall be deemed to have obtained the permission of the referred author in case the work is unpublished.
- Abstract: Each submission must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words. There will not be any prior selection of manuscripts on the basis of the abstract. It is merely meant to assist the Editorial Board in the review process.
- Co-authorship: Co-authorship up to two authors (from the same or different institutions) is permitted.
- Submissions are to be e-mailed to ils@gmail with the subject heading ‘Volume III – NILJ Submission’. The e-mail should indicate which category the paper is intended for. Further, it should also contain the Name of the Author, Qualifications, Title of the Manuscript and Contact Information in the cover letter. Please do not include any information that could identify the author in the manuscript itself.
Important Date: The last date for submissions is July 31, 2018.