Call for Papers ; Nickled & Dimed, A Research Blog Forum by Jindal Centre for International Economic Studies
Jindal Centre For International Economic Studies has invited paper for their research Blog forum that will primarily focusing on international economic studies, the main rationale for CIES is to provide deeper insights into the functioning of the global economic system and growth of emerging market economies. Espousing the philosophy of how contemporary economic theories look at problems in a variety of ways, the Centre shall focus more on the diversity of the subject of economics reflected by the research work undertaken and activities organized.
- Write-ups should be about 700-1200 words in length. We also accept Book
- Reviews of 1500-2000 words. (guidelines for writing a Book Review here)
- Maintain uniform font and size throughout the write-up. Font Style : Times New Roman; Font Size: 12 ; Justify the alignment of the text.
- Please include a suggested title for your post. Narrative headlines tend to work better than catchy newspaper-type headline for blogs.
- The author should include a short bio (1-2 lines) about her/himself at the end of the write-up. For example,“Ramesh Kumar is a Masters student at PQR School of Social Sciences”.
- All submissions should be emailed with the title of the article mentioned as the subject.
- Blogs are written in a more conversational style than traditional academic papers.
- Please avoid using academic jargon as the blog aims to reach non-academic readers as well as those of academia. If the use of certain terms is unavoidable, kindly reference them by hyperlinking to online sources.
- The shorter the sentences and paragraphs, the better. One paragraph should include one idea.
- Be liberal in using sub-headings. It helps maintain the flow and the attention of the reader.
- Write with one clear goal/objective in mind.
- Critiques should be respectful, no foul words, slangs and short forms of any kind.
- Do not make haste to send in your first draft. Reread your write-up at least three times before submitting it. It eases the process of editing for both of us.
- All facts and figures should be referenced.
- Tables and graphs, if any, should be titled (above) and sourced (below)
Here is a link to a post on Nickeled & Dimed. (Sample Article)
Submission of the write ups (and queries, if any) will be send to MehakMalhotra at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any clarification drop me an email at email@example.com