Call For Papers: NLIU Media Law E-Journal, Volume 2
The NLIU Media Law e-Journal is the flagship annual and peer-reviewed journal of the Cell for Studies in Media and Law (CSML), published under the aegis of National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal. The primary aim of the Journal is to publish high-quality cutting-edge scholarship in the field of Media, Entertainment and Information Technology Laws.
Who can apply?
Submissions for scholarly, original and unpublished written works from people across the legal profession – students, academicians and practitioners – are invited, to be published in the Journal.
Submissions must focus on aspects of law which impinge on and shape modern media practices - from regulation and ownership, to libel law and constitutional aspects of broadcasting such as free speech and privacy, obscenity laws, international media law and telecommunications policy. However, we have broad mandate and articles focusing on contemporary issues involving Media, Entertainment and Information Technology are also welcome.
- Long Articles (3500-5000 words*): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a contemporary issue and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Short Articles (2000-3500 words*): The article must deal with a specific issue and must contain arguments for or/and against the existing set up.
- Case Comments (1500-3500 words*): The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of Media, Entertainment or Information Technology law, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
- Other Submissions (1500-3000 words*): These reviews must be a crisp account of either a recently published book or analysis of existing legislation or proposed bills and their implications. Authors may also contribute in form of short response to previous publications.
- All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed.
- However, co-authorship is not allowed in the category of “case-comments” or “other submissions”. Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
- Authors are requested to mail their submissions to email@example.com
- Kindly send your manuscript in MS Word (.doc or .docx) format. The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission for Volume 2 - <Title of the manuscript>”.
- The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter in the body of the mail which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
- Name and Address of Institution (if any)
- Course currently being pursued/Academic Qualifications
The last date for submission of the manuscripts shall be October 15, 2018, Monday (before 11:59 pm).
For any queries email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
- Meenakshi K.K., +91 88674 87043
- Shubhi Bhandari, +91 95983 65223
For Brochure click here